ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Thursday, December 28, 2017

An interview with Bono

I wish the media would do more significant interviews of this sort with artists, writers, and politicians. It's a bit of a swan song for both interviewer and interviewee, and it actually provides genuine insight into the man, who is more interesting than one would have imagined from his public posturings:
Performers are very insecure people. Gavin Friday, his line to me years and years ago was "Insecurity is your best security for a performer." A performer needs to know what is going on in the room and feel the room, and you don't feel the room if you are normal, if you're whole. If you have any great sense of self, you wouldn't be that vulnerable to either the opinions of others or the love and the applause and the approval of others.

The whole event enriched the album, though – talk about an experience.

But isn't that great? I thought Experience would be more contemplative, and it has got that side, but the heart of the album is the spunk and the punk and the drive of it. There is a sort of youthfulness about it. A lot of the tempos are up. And it has some of the funniest lines, I think. "Dinosaur wonders why he still walks the Earth." I mean, I started that line about myself.

Being a dinosaur?

Yeah, of course, but then I started to think about it in terms of what is going on around the world. And I thought, "Gosh, democracy, the thing that I have grown up with all my life . . . that's what's really facing an extinction event."

In an interview that you and I did in 2005, you said this: "Our definition of art is breaking open the breastbone, for sure. Just open-heart surgery. I wish there were an easier way, but people want blood, and I am one of them."

Life and death and art . . . all of them bloody businesses.

How did your faith get you through all of this?

The person who wrote best about love in the Christian era was Paul of Tarsus, who became Saint Paul. He was a tough fucker. He is a superintellectual guy, but he is fierce and he has, of course, the Damascene experience. He goes off and lives as a tentmaker. He starts to preach, and he writes this ode to love, which everybody knows from his letter to the Corinthians: "Love is patient, love is kind. . . . Love bears all things, love believes all things" – you hear it at a lot of weddings. How do you write these things when you are at your lowest ebb? 'Cause I didn't. I didn't. I didn't deepen myself. I am looking to somebody like Paul, who was in prison and writing these love letters and thinking, "How does that happen? It is amazing."

Now, it doesn't cure him of all, of what he thinks of women or gay people or whatever else, but within his context he has an amazingly transcendent view of love. And I do believe that the darkness is where we learn to see. That is when we see ourselves clearer – when there is no light.

You asked me about my faith. I had a sense of suffocation. I am a singer, and everything I do comes from air. Stamina, it comes from air. And in this process, I felt I was suffocating. That was the most frightening thing that could happen to me because I am in pain. Ask Ali. She said I wouldn't notice if I had a knife sticking out of my back. I would be like, "Huh, what is that?" But this time last year, I felt very alone and very frightened and not able to speak and not able to even explain my fear because I was kind of . . .

When you felt like you were suffocating?

Yeah. But, you know, people have had so much worse to deal with, so that is another reason not to talk about it. You demean all the people who, you know, never made it through that or couldn't get health care!

Do you feel like you lucked out?

Lucked out? I am the fucking luckiest man on Earth. I didn't think that I had a fear of a fast exit. I thought it would be inconvenient 'cause I have a few albums to make and kids to see grow up and this beautiful woman and my friends and all of that. But I was not that guy. And then suddenly you are that guy. And you think, "I don't want to leave here. There's so much more to do." And I'm blessed. Grace and some really clever people got me through, and my faith is strong.

I read the Psalms of David all the time. They are amazing. He is the first bluesman, shouting at God, "Why did this happen to me?" But there's honesty in that too. . . . And, of course, he looked like Elvis. If you look at Michelangelo's sculpture, don't you think David looks like Elvis?
Never forget that you can always learn from those who are intelligent and successful, even when you disagree with them. In fact, you can often learn more important things from those with whom you disagree, simply because their perspective is so fundamentally different than your own.

Labels: ,

129 Comments:

Blogger The Kurgan December 28, 2017 4:38 AM  

True. Some insights literally come from observing enemies or outright freaks.

Blogger Dirk Manly December 28, 2017 4:38 AM  

Last.

Several of the most important things I've learned as an adult have been things I didn't even want to be told.

Blogger Laramie Hirsch December 28, 2017 5:21 AM  

"And I thought, 'Gosh, democracy, the thing that I have grown up with all my life . . . that's what's really facing an extinction event.'"

Yup. The only thing keeping us afloat is technology. After this comes something resembling 70 AD - 600 AD. And then after that, monarchy again.

Anonymous JAMES December 28, 2017 5:26 AM  

Indeed. There are a few intelligent lefties I duck in and out of. Unless you understand the thought processes of intelligent people who disagree with you and truly understand why otherwise sane human beings can come to conclusions radically different from your own you can never really understand why the world is the way it is.

Blogger Revelation Means Hope December 28, 2017 5:31 AM  

What is tragic is how much his surrounding himself, his entire life, with progressives has tainted his ability to see the truth.
Even several near death experiences haven't enabled him to cut through to the underlying truth.

Love doesn't cure all things. God will have to destroy sin. It cannot be cured in those who refuse the Truth.

Bono also refuses to see the truth in Trump, parroting the usual media talking points that Trump is a reality TV show star.

As with all liberals, he refuses to consider that maybe those he disagrees with may have a valid point and reason for their actions, such as "Aung San Suu Kyi, the de facto leader of Myanmar", not opposing the "ethnic cleansing" of the muslims. But perhaps as an Irishman, he sees the muslim terrorists as sort of kindred spirits.

Blogger Lovekraft December 28, 2017 5:49 AM  

He does evolve in sometimes cringey-ways (RattleandHum virtue signaling, Zooropa glitterboy), but as for his singing ability, there's few alive, IMO, that compares.

During an era of history-erasing, U2 should escape unscathed. But to be truly relevant, they should do a major shift into issues that affect the western world (rather than this Africa savior and anti-greed stance). But maybe his producers are really the ones calling the shots, and this interview is where he is finally able to begin speaking more freely.

Anonymous E Deploribus Unum December 28, 2017 5:53 AM  

Bono says some clever things here and elsewhere, and I like the bit about democracy especially, but as usual he salts them with bits of "genius" like this one:

Now, it doesn't cure [the apostle Paul] of all, of what he thinks of women or gay people or whatever else ...

I'd love to hear his entire view of the inspiration of the word of God after that one, but I can kinda guess. One can be smart without being intellectually coherent about everything.

Anonymous Jack December 28, 2017 5:53 AM  

I've liked some of U2's songs in the past. I'll certainly give credit where it's due in terms of musical ability, and I'm sure they know a lot about working hard to be successful. But Bono's personality and politics is insufferable - he's the quintessential preachy shitlib rockstar. I've never known what to make of the band's supposed Christianity. The fact that Bono has the nerve here to judge St. Paul's spiritual vision as coming up short because of his view of women and gays tells you a lot about where Bono is coming from.

Anonymous simplytimothy December 28, 2017 5:57 AM  

That Saul fellow was nothing but a hound-dog.

Blogger JACIII December 28, 2017 6:01 AM  

He keeps reading the bible the truth will find him. As for his music, like The Who - nails on a chalkboard.

Blogger Eric Steiger December 28, 2017 6:03 AM  

Another impressive thing I've heard Bono say is, "you can take credit for the really good songs, but I feel like the truly great songs already existed, and you are merely a conduit for them to be born into our world." (paraphrasing)

Anonymous E Deploribus Unum December 28, 2017 6:16 AM  

He keeps reading the bible the truth will find him.

Truth has its work cut out for it if Bono's devotional reading is Eugene Peterson ...

Anonymous Icicle December 28, 2017 6:35 AM  

Which Bible?

Anonymous Luke December 28, 2017 6:39 AM  

I'm sorry, but Bono in my mind will forever be characterized by this episode:

"In the middle of a U2 Concert in Glasgow, Scotland, BONO, who is known for his in-your-face leftist political activism asked the audience for total quiet. Then, in the silence, he started to slowly clap his hands, once every few seconds, holding the audience in total silence, he said into the microphone. "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

From the front of the crowd a voice with a broad Scottish accent pierced the quiet, with "Well, fucking stop doin' it then, ya evil bastid!"

Blogger Antony December 28, 2017 6:56 AM  

OT - but as we're on the subject of rock music - one band has brought out a "retribution" type video featuring Harvey Weinstein - we need more cultural fightback like this please ! ; http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2017/12/26/harvey-weinstein-lookalike-brutally-stabbed-death-music-video/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Blogger Lazarus December 28, 2017 6:57 AM  

Even in the 21st Century the band still campaigns tirelessly against poverty and social injustice, though they aren't without their detractors. Their efforts to spread good karma are considered by many to be making amends for the song Vertigo, and their various charity singles have been dismissed as little more than distractions from the fact that Bono hasn't taken off his sunglasses since 1993. In response to Bono's ego, Amnesty International recently released the following statement:
“ U2 may have saved lots of Africans, but don't overlook the fact that they also wrote the song Numb, which has been classified as a level 3 human rights violation. ”

Blogger traderdoc December 28, 2017 6:59 AM  

Bono tells you one of his major personality problems - he cares massively about what other people think of him.

This will clearly make his views have to conform with those progressive people surrounding him (who have the same problem as Bono).

Blogger VII December 28, 2017 7:08 AM  

Revelation Means Hope wrote:But perhaps as an Irishman, he sees the muslim terrorists as sort of kindred spirits.

A strange notion, unfortunately, when I think about past discussions with (English reared) family, they defend the actions of Muslims in the UK by making this emotional superficial link.

Irish "terrorists" were simply trying to recover that which was taken, they did not take this fight to every western country, it was and is a local matter.

Muslims are hell bent on dominion over the entire world, by any means necessary.

Why is the huge differential of context and scope, between the two, so difficult to grasp?

Anonymous I'm Not a Fascist. But My Sons Are. December 28, 2017 7:12 AM  

I remember when The Joshua Tree came out. Blew my mind and changed me forever, musically.

I digress.

This probably goes without saying for most regular participants here, but Bono serves to remind that very few SJWs are, themselves, Evil. Most are simply useful tools: All heart and just enough brains to be dangerous. 'Believers', as it were -- allocated privileges the emotional equivalent of a motivational poster; the cerebral equivalent of what one might expect to find at a team-building exercise in a Wal-Mart break room.

Bono might best be viewed as a mid-level SJW manager (in the grand scheme of things).

Blogger Dan December 28, 2017 7:29 AM  

"But perhaps as an Irishman, he sees the muslim terrorists as sort of kindred spirits."

Perhaps, too bad he doesn't see the muslims as the Invading British trying to rule over Ireland. Which is a more accurate perspective.

Blogger Michael Neal December 28, 2017 7:35 AM  

Liberals today are the same people that would have been convinced to burn witches in Salem. One of my relatives testified against the accusers during those trials.

Blogger Daniel Paul Grech Pereira December 28, 2017 7:37 AM  

Bono's spirituality is admirable, and rare for a figure in the music industry.

Blogger marco moltisanti December 28, 2017 7:40 AM  

@4 "Indeed. There are a few intelligent lefties I duck in and out of. Unless you understand the thought processes of intelligent people who disagree with you and truly understand why otherwise sane human beings can come to conclusions radically different from your own you can never really understand why the world is the way it is."

Very well said. Lately I see this mainly with all the people who think of themselves as educated and intellectual and yet utterly cannot comprehend how an intelligent, decent person could support Trump, but it applies to our side too.

Blogger Laramie Hirsch December 28, 2017 8:05 AM  

He's always struck me as effeminate. Probably due to his sexual moans in that song, Even Better Than The Real Thing. But that's just me.

Anonymous Faceless December 28, 2017 8:25 AM  

I appreciate what Bono did to get more Johnny Cash music out there and to assist with the resurgence of Johnny Cash between "Living By The Book" and the American Years... but can't we, as a society, decide here and now that not one more African child will suffer from foot fungus or the gum disease gingivitis?

As to their music...I appreciate that the Edge's guitar style so befuddled Billy Duffy that he learned how to play rock and roll guitar and didn't ever think to build up chords with an echo pedal because he couldn't actually play, because The Cult was a great band.

Blogger Timmy3 December 28, 2017 8:39 AM  

U2’s last album had to be given away. He most definitely is suffocating from lack of attention. Interesting that he merely refers to himself as a singer. A mighty one nonetheless. He thinks too highly of himself.

Blogger Amy December 28, 2017 8:52 AM  

I rather liked U2 when I was younger. I’ll still put them in a playlist here and there. Bono has given many interviews with religious publications over the past decades. Christian, Catholic, Buddhist...he does it all. I gave him credence when I was a teen and didn’t know better, but I outgrew the platitudes.

I know lots of people who receive Bono’s words, and the word of others like him, as gifts of great value and prescience. If we could all just be wealthy rock stars we could cure Africa and make Them just like us!

Experience, failure, reality, they are harsh but necessary teachers. Too few are out under their tutelage.

Anonymous Avalanche December 28, 2017 8:58 AM  

@19 "Bono might best be viewed as a mid-level SJW manager (in the grand scheme of things)."

With a HUUUUUUGE microphone... Worst kind of mid-level mgr...

Anonymous CC December 28, 2017 9:00 AM  

I think Bono was always smarter and funnier than was generally perceived; his biggest problem was that he never really had a filter on what came out of his mouth. But when you read longer interviews with him, his thinking makes more sense. He is very spiritual with a creative mind which I think can lead him to garble his ideas. So when he talks, he can make you cringe or think or laugh. As my friend said to me once "He'll say something sometimes that you'll read in the papers and you'll go: 'God, I hope nobody else heard that!'"

In Ireland, there's an extreme ambivalence about him, there was resentment over his moralizing and do-goodery and in recent years his offshoring of tax have led to accusations of hypocrisy (which seem to angered people a lot more). But I always liked Bono myself, he was a musician who took what he did seriously while never denying the frivolity of his pop career. I really liked his unironic passion too. I'm more disappointed with him today for his naive globalism and heavily pro-migrant stance. I'm sure it's galling for Americans too when a foreigner tries to tell them what their country is and has always been like he was doing lately on the talk show circuit where he was lambasting Trump.

Anonymous Avalanche December 28, 2017 9:05 AM  

From the article:
And then the person asked what the younger me would say to the older me. I got a bit nervous. I wasn't sure. I took that hesitation as a clue that maybe I wasn't comfortable with where I am now. I was starting to realize that I had lost some of that fierceness. Some of that clarity, that black-and-white point of view.

Because of course, as we age we're supposed to HARDEN into the black-and-white (of youthful lack of knowledge, experience, and perspective)instead of growing up to realize everything is gray?

Yup, a "feelz" liberal.

(The shamans call is "adult knowledge" -- and as you grow, you're SUPPOSED to "give up childish things" and see with adult eyes...)

Anonymous I'm Not a Fascist. But My Sons Are. December 28, 2017 9:10 AM  

I'm sure it's galling for Americans too when a foreigner tries to tell them what their country is and has always been like he was doing lately

Bono's been selling "America's an idea, isn't it?" since at least the mid-90's.

Blogger Scott Birch December 28, 2017 9:15 AM  

He didn't just kiss the Blarney Syone, he gave it a good rimming.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan December 28, 2017 9:26 AM  

"Insecure" is the word, realize that then it all becomes a lot more fun.

Of course for decades the left has had free reign to taunt the conservative spergs and frankly they have done a good job of it, toss out some ridiculous charge of violating a modern sin or something then watch conservatives chase one another about the place.

Anonymous Avalanche December 28, 2017 9:31 AM  

Original article:
I realized that something had died. People's innocence had died. And a generation that had grown up thinking that the human spirit had a natural evolution toward fairness and justice was learning this might not be the case. My attitude was, "OK, good. Now it is time we wake up and realize we can't take any of this for granted." Big primates have been around a lot longer than democracy, and this dude who shall not be named – he is just a new manifestation of that big primate. We got shook. Even in Europe, people have forgotten what fascism did to them. Whether it was fascism described as Stalin or Mao in the state communism, whatever you want to call it. It is forgotten.
...
In Europe, people are afraid for their lives and their lifestyles and their livelihoods and their cultural homogeneity, and have started to put up walls around their definition of Europe. It's becoming fortress Europe, and there's an up-drawbridge mentality probably stoked by outside forces. ...
... there was a moment in France where if Le Pen had won the election, not Macron, the unification of Europe would have been under threat. Think about that. One of the great positives that came out of the negativity of the Second World War could have been lost.



Europe has "forgotten what fascism did" -- so he's trying to go BACK before?!

WHY do people think famous/rich musicians or actors -- most of whom never even made it TO college, must less actually studied anything of substance (drama doesn't count) -- somehow have anything of depth and perception -- and historical accuracy -- to say? (Yeah, yeah, I know: MPAI ... but damn!)

And CLEARLY he pays no attention to Rotherham or the rape of 10-yr-old boys in German locker rooms or the groping and assault of 1,000 women at Cologne... "Fortress" Europe?! We WISH!

Anonymous Avalanche December 28, 2017 9:35 AM  

We all need to do a better job of understanding where that anger and sense of displacement comes from.

Uh, mebbe from *BEING* displaced?

I didn't like him before; I don't like him now! (Heck, I like him less, reading what an uneducated fool he is! He's like a 13-yr-old reciting the liberal catechism!)

Blogger Azure Amaranthine December 28, 2017 9:38 AM  

"instead of growing up to realize everything is gray?"

Everything isn't grey.

Actors are generally grey, though some are (much) darker or lighter than others. Nobody's perfect.

Actions are black and white, though as humans we often have difficulty seeing them clearly.

Giving up the perception of black and white altogether is a submission to evil. It saps the spirit and muddies the mind.

To say that just because black and white are hard to see that they do not exist -- that is the childish stance as well.

Paul would probably call "that clarity, that black-and-white point of view" an offshoot of the First Love that some early Christians had lost.

Blogger Purge187 December 28, 2017 9:49 AM  

Faceless @ 23: Always good to see fellow fans of The Cult.

Anonymous BoomerGenocideNow December 28, 2017 10:03 AM  

“Now, it doesn't cure him of all, of what he thinks of women or gay people or whatever else

Blogger Bucephalus December 28, 2017 10:07 AM  

"Now, it doesn't cure him of all, of what he thinks of women or gay people or whatever else"======= Epic Fail

The man was beaten, imprisoned, often went hungry, suffered from various physical ailments, traveled great distances to preach and was more than likely martyred. Sorry Bono, but his wisdom supersedes your SJW converged attempt at virtue. The nerve!!!

Blogger tuberman December 28, 2017 10:08 AM  

Avalanche, do I ever agree with you on this one. Thank you for your wonderful assessment of this phony.

+++++++++++++
Gee Wiz, Was I ever wrong, as I thought Bono is the scum of the earth, just like all the rest of the Initiates in Hollyweird, Music Industry, and the other loathsome enterprises... Oh, that's right, still do, as O'Muslim says he is the "Ringleader." Just him, Kimmel and friends laughing at going to Hell. (His Aides Charity advertisement in Red, and this Aids Charity money was to go to the Left's Revolution).

THIS GUY, BONO IS A SATANIST, and his "Christianity" is inverted. Dark Arts = Bono.

Anonymous fop December 28, 2017 10:16 AM  

Meh. Satan can quote scripture too. Jesus knew how to answer.

Difference is no interviewer is ever going to answer Bono "But you do realize that Jesus himself said queers don't go to heaven?"

It would be fun to watch him squirm, flail and dissemble all over himself, but it would never, ever happen. Pity.

Blogger Matthew Taylor December 28, 2017 10:35 AM  

The most accurate portrayal of Bono has always been the one on South Park. He is completely full of himself - and full of shit.

OpenID bc64a9f8-765e-11e3-8683-000bcdcb2996 December 28, 2017 10:50 AM  

"In fact, you can often learn more important things from those with whom you disagree,...."
But,....but....that's annoying, and it bruises my ego!!!!!
Maybe I should just read Art of War, and The Prince , again?
CaptDMO

Anonymous Brick Hardslab December 28, 2017 10:58 AM  

Why does a certain level as a performer lead to the delusion they are bigger than Jesus?

Isn't being in the big show for years good enough?

Blogger William Meisheid December 28, 2017 11:04 AM  

One of my favorite books early in my Christian life, that taught me how you can learn a lot from your enemies is the book The Devil, Seven Wormwoods and God by Bernard Ramm. (http://amzn.to/2BNS6BI - Note: the picture is from the wrong book).

The author is an old line theologian from the 60's-90's, died 1992. (https://infogalactic.com/info/Bernard_Ramm) He was one of my early mentors (I became a Christian in 1976).

Blogger DonReynolds December 28, 2017 11:06 AM  

"And I do believe that the darkness is where we learn to see. That is when we see ourselves clearer – when there is no light."

No. It is in the darkness that we WANT very much to see, but we cannot. No matter how wide open our eyes, we still cannot see. And when intense light is provided, our eyes slam shut because it is painful. We no longer WANT to see, but we peep occasionally for just an instant, then longer, until our eyes adjust to the bright light and can remain open.

But in the dark, no matter how much we WANT to see, we physically cannot. One of our senses is lost in the dark and so we have to rely more heavily on hearing, and smell, and touch to make our way. We never know how long the darkness will continue before there is light, so we grope and stumble without our sight and function as best we can.

Blogger Gordon Scott December 28, 2017 11:13 AM  

Back in the days before Trump was the most evilest thing in the world George W. Bush was most evilest. One day, Bono popped up with, more or less, "he's not, you know. No politician has done more for Africans than he has," referring to Bush's policies fighting and treating AIDS in Africa. Naturally, a lot of the left choked on their kombucha, but they didn't really argue much because of Bono!

And when Salman Rushdie was under the fatwa, Bono called him up and said, hey, I've got a couch you can sleep on. Rushdie hid in Dublin for some time, and there was serious risk in making that offer. Rushdie is a hypocritical asshole, but we don't allow preachers to murder hypocritical assholes.

Blogger William Meisheid December 28, 2017 11:13 AM  

marco moltisanti wrote:@4 "Unless you understand the thought processes of intelligent people who disagree with you and truly understand why otherwise sane human beings can come to conclusions radically different from your own you can never really understand why the world is the way it is."

Very well said. Lately I see this mainly with all the people who think of themselves as educated and intellectual and yet utterly cannot comprehend how an intelligent, decent person could support Trump, but it applies to our side too.


The idea of worldview, as the fundamental filter on how people see everything, is significant and one method of classifying groups of people, since it shows how they massage the evidence to fit their mental framework. Add that to the r/k theory and several other recent insights and you can pretty much predict how a person will react to whatever evidence is presented to them.

Red pilling is not easy and one of the hard things to come to terms with, especially is you have any empathy, is that some people cannot be saved. The problem is we don't know who that is ahead of time, since I have seen impossibilities come to Christ and do a complete 180 and others who just have to take a simple step dig in and never step over the line.

I guess that is why the Bible says the heart is unknowable to us. We can only judge what people say and do.

Blogger tuberman December 28, 2017 11:24 AM  

"If you have any great sense of self, you wouldn't be that vulnerable to either the opinions of others or the love and the applause and the approval of others."

Yes, this is true, but just because anti-fragile is necessary... I already know this. Don't give a crap about other's applause, the Truth has to be a lonely path. It is not about me,or you, or you...

Rereading this interview, their are real points, but he feels that he is above normal...because Woken, yet in what way?

The "Dark," he refers to can be Dark Night of the Soul, which all real Christians often face.

He made a choice, and I believe that his Christianity is inverted, or upside down.

Anonymous Bono, private equity investor December 28, 2017 11:33 AM  

Me me me equality me me gays me me women me me me trannies me me social justice me me me buy my record me me me race me me me me Jews me me me globalism me

Blogger tuberman December 28, 2017 11:40 AM  

Well, VD, time to "feel the room." Ha!

Blogger James December 28, 2017 11:49 AM  

Bono has John Lennon syndrome. Prior to the Beatles, entertainers were not revered as someone whose opinion mattered, nor were they considered role models for young people. Because of the engineered changes in the 1960's, when the "youths'" opinion suddenly became the font of all wisdom, young entertainers' thoughts and feelings became sought out, since "old people" were reactionary asses that started wars, oppressed the young, women, and homos. Before that, all entertainers did was entertain. Elvis was one of the last that didn't feel like entertainers should voice their opinion about things like the War in Vietnam. After the Beatles, journalists focused on musician's and actor's views, since those professions are degenerate, young people are malleable and you want to program them while they're still young. Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Anyway, Lennon was articulate, but an asshole. His interview personna sounded intelligent and reasonable, but he always approached interviews with the intent to mold the narrative to reflect the view that he was an important historical personage. When Lennon spoke, his fans listened. It didn't matter how ridiculous the concept was, young people would take his ravings to heart. "Imagine no possessions, blah blah blah blah blah". This from someone who was worth over $300 million when he died. And that was in 1980 dollars! Yuck O, Oh No still follows the mantra that Lennon was a man of peace, a disciple of love, a political visionary, and a great man whenever she appears in some video or article deifying Lennon. But, Lennon was a violent man, a terrible father to Julian, a drug addict, and a fool. Sure, he was a great tunesmith, but not a great human. Bono doesn't have the talent of Lennon, but he enjoys the deification process and loves the attention he gets from being a "prophet".

Anyway, I have never heard a U2 song that I couldn't live without. I find their best songs to be grade B. I like the Edge as a guitarist and Bono has a decent voice, but their music doesn't move me and Bono's opinions are shallow and pretentious. But, as long as young people seek out people to emulate, (((they))) will continue to provide them. Usually from professions that use a lot of drugs and screw a lot of underage girls.

Blogger tuberman December 28, 2017 12:01 PM  

50. James

Look at Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club album cover, at the upper Left corner. Oh, yes, Aleister Crowley. HMMM?

Do you believe in coincidences?

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd December 28, 2017 12:02 PM  

James wrote:Prior to the Beatles, entertainers were not revered as someone whose opinion mattered, nor were they considered role models for young people.

In saner times, entertainers were considered low-life scum no-one would associate with, even in death: they could not be buried in a churchyard.

In today's insaner times, Bono.

Blogger Brian Niemeier December 28, 2017 12:21 PM  

U2's fatal mistake was trying to become what they thought everyone else thought U2 should be.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash December 28, 2017 12:25 PM  

Lovekraft wrote:During an era of history-erasing, U2 should escape unscathed.
It's already forgotten. His musical compositions can be be described as workmanlike, it was the lyrics and the showmanship that made him a star, and frankly Bloody Sunday just doesn't resonate anymore. To the kids, Bono is just another washed-up celeb selling virtue and things on TV.

Anonymous CarpeOro December 28, 2017 12:32 PM  

Bono is a good example of coming to know some of the questions, but arriving at answers that fail the test. His answers are too often easy - the problem with life being that while many important issues can have simple answers they are almost never the easy ones. The correct answers will leave you at odds with many or all of those about you. Bono's answers leave him at ease far too much of time.
@47 Agreed. No one I can recall in the Bible asked to be left in the dark - the asked the Lord to clear their vision so they could see what the truth really was.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash December 28, 2017 12:41 PM  

the mantra that Lennon was a man of peace, a disciple of love, a political visionary, and a great man whenever she appears in some video or article deifying Lennon.

You left out wife-beater.

Blogger tuberman December 28, 2017 12:41 PM  

I need to be quiet and watch for what happens with the Memes in the next few weeks. The next phase of the culture wars. Maybe wait for Alt^Hero, and read some Castilia House books.

Blogger Jed Mask December 28, 2017 12:42 PM  

"Never forget that you can always learn from those who are intelligent and successful, even when you disagree with them. In fact, you can often learn more important things from those with whom you disagree, simply because their perspective is so fundamentally different than your own."

Just like I've learned from you, eh, Mr. Vox?

Jk but not "all the time" :P. And yeah, I actually do agree with a lot of what you teach and "preach" here at Vox Day and Alpha Game when you post 'bout something like 80% of the time in agreement with only slight disagreement with the other 20%.

You alright sir. I like you and "love" you with Jesus Love. Besides, I'm still comin' here ain't I? Amen.

~ Bro. Jed

Blogger Koanic December 28, 2017 12:44 PM  

> You left out wife-beater.

Never mentioned as a problem in the Bible. God has a huge blind spot there.

Anonymous The Original Arrogant Former James Harrison Fan December 28, 2017 1:00 PM  

Yeah, sure, provided the interview is even real and not some Hollywood/CIA scriptwriter production. U2 is a globalist NWO psyop creature if there ever was one.

Anonymous TS December 28, 2017 1:20 PM  

"Never mentioned as a problem in the Bible."

Not directly but implied. 1 Peter 3:7

Blogger Beau December 28, 2017 1:24 PM  

Never mentioned as a problem in the Bible. God has a huge blind spot there.

You offer what he never said. I offer what He did say,

Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church Ephesians 5:25-29

Blogger DonReynolds December 28, 2017 1:26 PM  

Bono is like so many of his Leftist friends. For them the answer is always to fix the problem in the most direct way available at the time. People are hungry, give them food. People are sick, give them medicine. People are homeless, give them a house to live in. It is always the most obvious solutions of 12 year old girls.... with no thought at all to what caused the problem in the first place or how long the fix will last or is there a war going on in the neighborhood?

They seem to be very good at focusing all their attention on ONE aspect and total experts at ignoring or waving away everything else. For them to do otherwise, well then.....they would no longer be Leftist Liberals.

Anonymous BBGKB December 28, 2017 1:27 PM  

Which Bible?

In the MCC bible god baked a cake on the 8th day.

and truly understand why otherwise sane human beings can come to conclusions radically different from your own you can never really understand why the world is the way it is."

Realizing that the fastest profits can be made from destruction of other peoples assets explain a lot. Greed, incompetence & sloth cover the rest.

Blogger William Meisheid December 28, 2017 1:29 PM  

Koanic wrote:> You left out wife-beater.

Never mentioned as a problem in the Bible. God has a huge blind spot there.


That is beyond simplistic and just wrong. God has no blind spots. It is people who have blind spots and refuse to see everything in the context it was meant to be understood.

People constantly argue the Bible is open to interpretation and you can twist it to say almost anything you want. That is true and in doing so the heart of the twister is exposed. You could just as easily say God gives us enough rope to hang ourselves if that is what we want to do.

Those truly seeking to know God learn that course correction is a constant, as we all see through a mirror darkly, mix truth with error, and are in need of instruction. It is the disciplined heart that is always seeking God's truth, being willing to course correct as God the Holy Spirit, the bringer of all truth, shows them the way.

Blogger Koanic December 28, 2017 1:33 PM  

Paul is not a deity. And the fastest way to rustle up some white knight churchians is to point out that the Bible simply doesn't care about domestic violence, except to exhort parents to beat their children. It spends more time on how much you can beat your slave than how much you can beat your wife. In fact, it appears to have been preferable to throw your wife or daughter to a crowd of sodomite rapists than to sacrifice your own or a male guest's anal virginity. The modern moral panic is wholly un-Biblical. "Do not rule with rigor" is similar verbiage used in reference to an Israelite slave, and certainly doesn't rule out the occasional corporeal encouragement.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash December 28, 2017 1:38 PM  

I never claimed that punishing your wife is a sin. What Lennon did to Cynthia Twist was far beyond punishment.

OTOH, wife beating is a serious violation of the standards of Western behavior.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash December 28, 2017 1:40 PM  

TLDR, beating their women is what niggers do to make themselves feel better about being niggers.

Blogger Koanic December 28, 2017 2:11 PM  

> wife beating is a serious violation of the standards of Western behavior.

Which is why Western women prefer their alpha fux with the criminals and lowlifes who will.

Blogger Beau December 28, 2017 2:12 PM  

Paul is not a deity.

Never claimed he was.

You however employ dishonest rhetoric by citing the Bible in its entirety, arguing a lack of divine condemnation from any of its pages yet squeal when I respond in precisely the same manner of usage - any of its pages. Your dodge over human instrumentality of a specific passage is disingenuous does not negate divine inspiration.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2 Timothy 3:16

Anonymous a deplorable rubberducky December 28, 2017 2:14 PM  

Even Better Than The Real Thing : The Fake U2 Rooftop Concert.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yK8FnBEikoA

Blogger Fenris Wulf December 28, 2017 2:24 PM  

A lot of U2's songs have Christian themes. Mysterious Ways is based on a poem by St. Francis, "Brother Sun, Sister Moon."

Blogger Koanic December 28, 2017 2:32 PM  

> I offer what He did say "..." Ephesians 5:25-29
>> Paul is not a deity.
> Never claimed he was.

Yes you did. You attributed the words of Paul, the least of the apostles, to "He", which should refer only to Jehovah, although some use it of Jesus. Either way, deity.

Here is an example of something He actually said:

"I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee."

> You however employ dishonest rhetoric

It's not rhetoric, it's a true dialectical argument.

> yet squeal

The only one squealing is you.

> Your dodge over human instrumentality of a specific passage is disingenuous does not negate divine inspiration.

"Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment" - Paul

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" 2 Timothy 3:16

Indeed. Therefore I reprove you with all scripture.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash December 28, 2017 2:57 PM  

@Koanic,
your highly idiosyncratic interpretation of scripture is hardly definitive.

Blogger Beau December 28, 2017 3:00 PM  

Indeed. Therefore I reprove you with all scripture.

No. You made an argument from silence. I countered from the scripture. You weaseled trying to split the difference between diving authorship and human instrumentality. I countered that all scripture is divinely inspired. You persisted citing Paul's command to virgins, which again, is part of divinely inspired scripture with the explicit nota bena that this specific passage is only Paul's suggestion, not a divine command delivered through the apostle. In your reading, is Ephesians 5:25-29 also only a human suggestion from Paul, or is it in fact a divine command written delivered through the apostle?




Blogger Koanic December 28, 2017 3:25 PM  

> No. You made an argument from silence.

False. That was merely my original one-line comment.

> You weaseled trying to split the difference between diving authorship and human instrumentality.

Lie. You are the one weaseling. Paul obviously speaks from his judgment much of the time. He highlights when he receives specific communications from God.

Furthermore, your weaseling is disgusting, because nothing in the verse you quoted contradicts my words or forbids domestic violence. Christ certainly disciplines the Church with violence and men certainly discipline their own flesh with violence. And that's just the start of the disgusting nature of your misreading and over-extension of this passage.

> In your reading, is Ephesians 5:25-29 also only a human suggestion from Paul, or is it in fact a divine command written delivered through the apostle?

It's a human suggestion, AS PAUL PLAINLY STATES.

Tell me, do you still occasionally see hot women who turn you on? Do your eyes slide down those luscious curves? Then you have looked at them with lust in your heart. And your eyes are still causing you to sin. Therefore pluck them out. It is better to go to Heaven blind than burn in Hell whole. Note that I am actually paraphrasing divine advice here, with no exaggeration or overextension. I think we will argue much less once you are interacting via text-to-speech. Poor reading comprehension is self-correcting! Praise God, he really thinks of everything.

Blogger Beau December 28, 2017 3:41 PM  

It's a human suggestion, AS PAUL PLAINLY STATES.

There it is. Koanic plainly discards the authority of the Bible.

Blogger Fenris Wulf December 28, 2017 3:56 PM  

Dwight Schrute? Is that you?

Blogger VD December 28, 2017 4:08 PM  

Beau is not lying, Koanic. Get a grip.

You have it backwards and your opinion is directly contrary to both the conventional reading of the Bible as well as long-settled Church teachings.

In fact, your opinion is very much in line with the feminist readings of the Bible. That doesn't prove you are wrong, but should give you sufficient cause to rethink your opinion.

Anonymous Sam the Man December 28, 2017 4:42 PM  

The comment of Bono on Paul having some stuff wrong was kind of a classic "I am superior to G_d" liberal thought, which exists in the left of the first 2 Abrahamic religions. They think they know better than the ancients.

As I read the entire Paul story as extracted from Acts and various letters, his road to Damascus moment lead to a lot of his listening to the Holy Spirit and interestingly enough when he spoke to Peter about what was what they both agreed. He must have "walked with G-D " for that to happen.

Paul had to have had some very strong manifestation of something of G-D for the Apostles to give him so much credulence, they somehow recognized it and instructed their followers to do so. How else does this former oppressor of Christians become so important to the early church?

In any case Bono thinking he could come up with a better interpretation of right and wrong than Paul, well it speaks to original sin, he thinking he can be like "G-D"

Of course one never knows about the state of another's soul, but he could perhaps do with a bit of humility.

Blogger Lovekraft December 28, 2017 4:47 PM  

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42502453?ocid=socialflow_twitter

Here's another article about the guy. Why is he on the newscircuit right now?

Blogger Koanic December 28, 2017 4:52 PM  

Failing to take Paul's every Bible-included post-conversion dogma-relevant sentence as eternally-applicable Jehovan pronouncement does not equal rejection of Biblical authority. I obviously believe everything Paul says God told him to be from God, and that he was the anointed apostle to the Gentiles.

> your opinion is directly contrary to both the conventional reading of the Bible

No it isn't. The moral panic over domestic violence is recent. It has not historically been an issue worthy of note, just as it is not noted in the Bible.

> as well as long-settled Church teachings.

Like monogamy.

> In fact, your opinion is very much in line with the feminist readings of the Bible.

I very much doubt that. My opinion is that a culture in which the property rights of patriarchs are secure occasions very little domestic violence towards wives proper, due to lack of female provocation, and the threat of revenge by male relatives. Outlawing domestic violence massively increases it; it is a matter beneath the notice of the law.

Anonymous Tyson December 28, 2017 5:17 PM  

The people who always most vocal to attack Bono are progs. The envy they have for him is deep.

Granted, He does seem to have a unearthly knack of annoying just about everyone.

Anonymous I'm Not a Fascist. But My Sons Are. December 28, 2017 5:23 PM  

The trick is getting with a woman you don't ever have to physically discipline.

I, personally, don't envy the condition of men under 30 because good luck.

Blogger Bogey December 28, 2017 6:24 PM  

And, of course, he looked like Elvis. If you look at Michelangelo's sculpture, don't you think David looks like Elvis?

That's hilarious, I had an art teacher who mentioned that so many of the idealized male sculptures looked like Elvis and perhaps that is why Elvis was/is so popular.

I sort of like that idea.

Blogger Koanic December 28, 2017 7:44 PM  

> I, personally, don't envy the condition of men under 30 because good luck.

If OT Israel conquered the USA today, I doubt God would let them keep the little girls and cattle. Too polluted.

Blogger Mike Wallens December 28, 2017 8:27 PM  

It's hard to forget that Bono lauded the South African ditty "Kill the Boers" in 2011. In his desire to curry favor with a local genocidal killer, he claimed it was just like an Irish folk song.

Blogger Lazarus December 28, 2017 8:44 PM  

@87

That's hilarious, I had an art teacher who mentioned that so many of the idealized male sculptures looked like Elvis and perhaps that is why Elvis was/is so popular.

Now check out the young Marlon Brando, James Dean, and the Statue of Liberty face.

Anonymous Icicle December 28, 2017 8:49 PM  

Which Bible?

In the MCC bible god baked a cake on the 8th day.


You're being sarcastic obviously, but you have the Tanakh, you have multiple English translations (KJV, NIV, RSV, ect.), you have multiple languages, you have Luther, you have certain books that are left in such as in the Orthodox Tewahedo canon.

The most accurate portrayal of Bono has always been the one on South Park. He is completely full of himself - and full of shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJXqnYCWW7Y

yeah YEAH YEAAAAAH

Blogger Lazarus December 28, 2017 8:52 PM  

@75 Koanic

Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment

One can safely assume then, that anytime Paul does not express this caveat, his words are divinely inspired.

Well done.

Blogger Koanic December 28, 2017 9:42 PM  

> One can safely assume then, that anytime Paul does not express this caveat, his words are divinely inspired.

It is amazing the knots midwits tie themselves into. Paul wrote that phrase because God had not specifically instructed him on the matter. On many other matters God did specifically instruct him, such as the fate of his ship bound for Rome. This was the distinction present in Paul's mind, which prompted him to write the phrase.

Sometimes Paul indicates, when a matter is doubtful, that he is not speaking from the Lord, in order to avoid a potential abuse of authority. But always, when he has a message directly from God, he relays it as such. As would any man careful in his duties. No one since Adam has been so casual in his divine encounters that they go unremarked, save perhaps Enoch, Elijah, Elisha and Emmanuel.

Now if the scripture is divinely inspired and God-breathed, then not one jot or tittle is superfluous, and we should attend to the distinctions it draws with the same care as the original author. And if Paul takes care to distinguish when he is relaying what God has spoken, we would do well to imitate, given the dire penalties described for misquoting God.

Paul was an anointed yet fallible man, like every other anointed figure in the Bible save Jesus Christ. His words were not the end of the Gentile church, but the beginning. His caveats reveal an autonomous humanity integral to inspiring generations of believers cut off from miracle, prophecy or vision.

This strange doctrine of textual hyper-inerrancy, that all plausibly uncontradicted characters speak with the weight of Jehovah on Sinai, is alien to the Bible's internal quotations, and represents the Protestant illiterate analogue of Catholic Papal inerrancy. The Bible already has a word for when divine inspiration seizes a man: "Prophesying". To cavil over the crumb while missing the loaf was the leaven of the Pharisees, and characteristic of inerranspergs.

There is a difference between all scripture which is "God breathed" and the 10 Commandments which were engraved twice by Jehovah's finger. The Bible distinguishes who is speaking for a reason. And seldom does one part override the whole.

Blogger Lazarus December 28, 2017 10:29 PM  

@ 93 Koanic

Paul wrote that phrase because God had not specifically instructed him on the matter. On many other matters God did specifically instruct him, such as the fate of his ship bound for Rome. This was the distinction present in Paul's mind, which prompted him to write the phrase.

Ya. That's what I said.

Blogger Lazarus December 28, 2017 10:31 PM  

@93 Koanic

Paul wrote that phrase because God had not specifically instructed him on the matter.

Ya. That's what I said.

Anonymous Educated and Intelligent Conservative December 28, 2017 10:34 PM  

Koaniac is a classic alt-retard. As a rabid anti-Semite he rejects God’s Chosen People. This alone disqualifies him from this debate, and from civilization.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash December 28, 2017 10:37 PM  

I'm Not a Fascist. But My Sons Are. wrote:The trick is getting with a woman you don't ever have to physically discipline.


I've never had to, but I've always indulged her when asked.

Blogger Snidely Whiplash December 28, 2017 11:22 PM  

Educated and Intelligent Conservative wrote:As a rabid anti-Semite he rejects God’s Chosen People. This alone disqualifies him from this debate, and from civilization.
Alright, you, on the oven. Step lively, punk

Blogger LP9 December 29, 2017 12:47 AM  

Gamma anger or gamma rage is very concerning, alarming as Mcraperape trains his minor child daughter to be feminist...

What ever is a tired old term that many find annoying, retire "whater"

Blogger LP9 December 29, 2017 12:49 AM  

Koaniac. Hmm, but like around here, he was kind and compassionate towards the likes of me. He is good young man...?

Blogger LP9 December 29, 2017 12:52 AM  

If possible can a person ignore Paul and read Jesus only? A woman asks...

Anonymous I'm Not a Fascist. But My Sons Are. December 29, 2017 7:38 AM  

I've never had to, but I've always indulged her when asked.

Funny how all is forgiven so long as you scratch it afterwards.

Blogger justthinkin December 29, 2017 9:24 AM  

@58 Also, pedophile.

Blogger Koanic December 29, 2017 12:00 PM  

> Ya. That's what I said.

No, you said:

> One can safely assume then, that anytime Paul does not express this caveat, his words are divinely inspired.

Now "divinely inspired" is a weaselly phrase. All scripture is "God breathed". If "divinely inspired" is simply a synonym for "God breathed", then all Paul's recorded words are divinely inspired, and all Saul's, and all Herod's.

For it is written: "this spake Caiaphas not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;" But is it not odd that here the Bible notes Caiaphas spoke not of himself, whereas in other places it notes that Paul does speak of himself, and still others that Peter spoke by Satan?

Therefore if you mean that unless otherwise noted all Paul's recorded words are "inerrant absolute eternally-applicable prophesying", then no Biblical basis exists for this claim. It is obvious, from the story of Balaam, that prophesying is the exception to the rule of human speech, when even asses speak by divine inspiration.

Your position becomes even more amusing when we consider the case of men such as Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah, who spoke lies by a spirit sent from the throne of God.

Blogger Beau December 29, 2017 3:32 PM  

Now "divinely inspired" is a weaselly phrase. All scripture is "God breathed".

Wrong. Both are in fact English translations of the original term θεόπνευστος. What is the meaning of this term? From the Lexham Figurative Language of the New Testament Dataset the reader can see:

To Breath Out as To Inspire — To inspire is conceptualized as breathing out.

Thus, the King James Version puts it, All scripture is given by inspiration of God while the New International Version translates it, All Scripture is God-breathed. In either case θεόπνευστος informs us God is the author. Koanic calls one perfectly acceptable English translation weaselly and leaves the other completely undefined. Both are the same term in the original! Koanic labors too hard at a distinction without a difference, slandering the scripture in the process.





Blogger Koanic December 29, 2017 4:04 PM  

> To inspire is conceptualized as breathing out.

The definition of "inspire" does not match "conceptualized as breathing out".

Inspire
1. fill (someone) with the urge or ability to do or feel something, especially to do something creative.
2. breathe in (air); inhale.

> Thus, the King James Version puts it, All scripture is given by inspiration of God while the New International Version translates it, All Scripture is God-breathed.

And either translation is fine, because the meaning is given by the immediate context:

"and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,"

which I have never denied. The meaning is clear: Scripture is divinely high-quality for the above purposes. Which makes no comment on whether any particular character speaking within scripture does so inerrantly. In fact, much of the value of scripture lies in the errors it contains, such as those of the debaters in Job.

> In either case θεόπνευστος informs us God is the author.

False. It does not say, "God-spoken." That is Islam.

And note that in all this I do not say Paul is wrong. Treating women kindly (in general) is what separates Christianity from Islam. I only say that Paul's exhortation does not by specious penumbral allusion abrogate scripture's holistic non-approach to the non-issue of domestic violence.

> Koanic calls one perfectly acceptable English translation weaselly and leaves the other completely undefined.

I did not call the translation weaselly. I called its abuse by midwits weaselly. Or, in scripture's own words:

"in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."

> Both are the same term in the original! Koanic labors too hard at a distinction without a difference,

They are not the same in English, which is where the deception arises, and where I halt it.

> slandering the scripture in the process.

More like, rescuing it from the incoherencies of false midwit piety, whose known fruit is death, it being the spore of proto feminism, by which rot the whole tree of Western civilization lies fallen.

And I note you have still not plucked out your eyes, hypocrite! May we infer you also beat your wife?

By their fruit ye shall know them.

The West could survive and thrive if every Christian husband gave his wife a full force punch once a year, but it will make submission to Islam if they continue to adopt the anti-Game of the Pheministsees.

Blogger Beau December 29, 2017 4:24 PM  

Koanic, in this thread you have slandered God (comment 61 God has a huge blind spot there, you have slandered his scripture (comment 103 Now "divinely inspired" is a weaselly phrase, and you have slandered me (comment 105 And I note you have still not plucked out your eyes, hypocrite! May we infer you also beat your wife?). Accuser of God and his word, your scorn is high praise.

Blogger Koanic December 29, 2017 6:00 PM  

Just as your inability to catch sarcasm supports my contention that you also cannot interpret scripture. Why don't you take a GRE or GMAT reading passage practice test and find out just how bad you really are at textual interpretation. Then maybe you will show some humility when approaching the most important text of all.

Anonymous GK Chesterton December 29, 2017 11:52 PM  

“Just as your inability to catch sarcasm supports my contention that you also cannot interpret scripture.”

SJWs always lie.

“Why don't you take a GRE or GMAT reading passage practice test and find out just how bad you really are at textual interpretation.”

SJWs always double down.

“Then maybe you will show some humility when approaching the most important text of all.”

SJWs always project.

Blogger SirHamster December 30, 2017 2:46 AM  

LP9 wrote:If possible can a person ignore Paul and read Jesus only? A woman asks...

You could do so, in that salvation does not depend on Paul.

But trying to ignore Paul is rejecting adult food.

Beau wrote:Accuser of God and his word, your scorn is high praise.

The willingness of a self-professed teacher to slander Christians is a reliable indicator as to his worthiness to be respected as a teacher.

"With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be."

Blogger Koanic December 30, 2017 3:40 AM  

> Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing.

Peter remembered. He said to Jesus, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree you put a curse on has dried up!”

Is there no one else?

Blogger SirHamster December 30, 2017 4:01 AM  

Koanic wrote:> Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing.

Peter remembered. He said to Jesus, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree you put a curse on has dried up!”

Is there no one else?


You are smart enough to know you are stripping context and changing the subject. Why are you running away?

With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise (of God) and cursing (of God's likeness). My brothers and sisters, this should not be."

Direct question, Koanic: Does James's judgement on the way we use our tongue reflect God's values, or is it a human opinion?

Blogger Koanic December 30, 2017 4:29 AM  

> You are smart enough to know you are stripping context and changing the subject.

That's amusing. All I'm dealing with here are midwits who take verses out of context and absolutize them. Then when I dumb it down to their level, they accuse me of simplifying!

So I'll assume you concede that cursing is allowed, just not of people. We'll call it the vegan rule to be safe - after all animals still aren't technically ruled out, and eggs are ambiguous.

Then Jesus replied, "Have I not chosen you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is a devil!"

"Among them are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan to be taught not to blaspheme."

Direct question, SirHamster: Why haven't you taken Jesus' eyeball challenge? Why are you running away?

Anonymous I'm Not a Fascist. But My Sons Are. December 30, 2017 7:17 AM  

The West could survive and thrive if every Christian husband gave his wife a full force punch once a year

You're not wrong.

It is, however, something that should be hung the wall, encased in glass over which a placard reads, "break in case of emergency".

Most other things being in order, there are numerous sublimations that render just as effectively, if not more so. The -- believe it or not -- mere expression of disappointment, as one example, will level most good but occasionally errant wives.

The problem for men under 30(ish), if I might revive the meme, is that they face a selection of females, especially if of high sexual value, that are trained from the cradle to take offence to expectation, itself.

Ergo, the epidemic of free-range, narcissistic whores who are more likely to orgasm from a punch than they are to correct an offending behavior.

Again, I do not envy the corrections that must be made, nor the men that must make them.

Blogger Beau December 30, 2017 9:33 AM  

By their fruit ye shall know them.

Yes. I, my wife, and children were named the Kiwanis Club International California-Nevada-Hawaii Family of the Year in 2000. By God's grace, as it is written,

that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world Philippians 2:15

What about your wife, Koanic? Are you even married?

Blogger Beau December 30, 2017 9:43 AM  

Why haven't you taken Jesus' eyeball challenge?

You brought this up first as a measurement of true piety. Why do you seek to remove a mote in your brother's eye before the beam in your own? Poke your own eye out first, really, do it right now, with a screwdriver or other selected instrument of your own choice. But you haven't. Don't tell us. Show us.

Blogger Koanic December 30, 2017 1:29 PM  

> It is, however, something that should be hung the wall, encased in glass over which a placard reads, "break in case of emergency".

We are past the point of emergency and to the debate of do not resuscitate.

> Yes. I, my wife, and children were named the Kiwanis Club International California-Nevada-Hawaii Family of the Year in 2000.

Did not the Pharisees merit the chief place at the Synagogue? Did not all men acknowledge their superior yet impractical holiness? By their false witness they glorified themselves while making it impossible for the mass of normal humanity to follow. And you Pheministsees are 100x the sons of the devil than they!

> What about your wife, Koanic? Are you even married?

Why would I marry, when Paul has plainly stated that it is better not to? Does not Paul speak WITH THE VOICE OF GOD?

> Poke your own eye out first,

Because it is your hypocritical illiterate standard, not mine. I know how to read in context. I follow the verse in my way, now let's see you follow it in yours. If the blind wish to lead the blind, let them first blind themselves.

Blogger SirHamster December 30, 2017 1:37 PM  

Koanic wrote:Direct question, SirHamster: Why haven't you taken Jesus' eyeball challenge? Why are you running away?

You dodged my question, Koanic. You presume to use the blog rules on me when you have chosen to ignore them?

SirHamster wrote:Direct question, Koanic: Does James's judgement on the way we use our tongue reflect God's values, or is it a human opinion?

Coincidentally, today's Bible reading:

"I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, "and I hate a man's covering himself with violence as well as with his garment," says the LORD Almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith."

- Malachi 2:16, NIV (1984)

Blogger Koanic December 30, 2017 1:50 PM  

> You presume to use the blog rules on me when you have chosen to ignore them?

Yes, to mock your presumption in using them on me. A fine dudgeon!

Anonymous I'm Not a Fascist. But My Sons Are. December 30, 2017 2:45 PM  

We are past the point of emergency and to the debate of do not resuscitate.

Civilizationally, perhaps. But such is a matter different than a man keeping order of his family in general and his wife in particular.

There is no necessary connection between the survival or thriving of the West and a man's violent ordering of his home; even less so when alternatives are available to keep the peace in a more peaceful manner.

But this is husbandry.

Blogger Koanic December 30, 2017 3:02 PM  

Oh yeah, I doubt Abraham Isaac and Jacob ever struck a wife. It's not an elite thing to do. But most women aren't elite. And it's elite to strike concubines.

Blogger Beau December 30, 2017 6:09 PM  

Because it is your hypocritical illiterate standard, not mine.

Direct Question: Koanic, are you a Christian?

Blogger Koanic December 30, 2017 7:13 PM  

Preach to the world that loves you, Beau. I hate your treasonous treacle. You have your award.

Blogger Beau December 30, 2017 7:43 PM  

Per the rules of the blog, I am asking you Koanic a direct question: Are you a Christian?

Blogger Josh (the sexiest thing here) December 30, 2017 7:58 PM  

How can anyone hate Beau? Beau is the very best among us.

Blogger Nate December 30, 2017 10:02 PM  

Koanic... take a step back buddy. this is beau you're talking to. The World doesn't love Beau. it hates him.

mate I love ya. but you're mistook on this deal.

Blogger Koanic December 30, 2017 11:27 PM  

I think he'll survive the criticism of one crank.

Blogger Beau December 31, 2017 12:56 AM  

Koanic, answer the question, are you a Christian?

Blogger VD January 01, 2018 10:49 AM  

If you can't abide by the rules, you can't comment here, Koanic.

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts