ALL BLOG POSTS AND COMMENTS COPYRIGHT (C) 2003-2018 VOX DAY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. REPRODUCTION WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

Friday, December 29, 2017

Lethal Gamma rage

It is always a problem when a Gamma delusion bubble intersects with reality:
On Twitter, more than a dozen people who identified themselves as being in the gaming community told The Eagle that a feud between two Call of Duty players sparked one to initiate a “swatting.”

“I DIDNT GET ANYONE KILLED BECAUSE I DIDNT DISCHARGE A WEAPON AND BEING A SWAT MEMBER ISNT MY PROFESSION,” said one gamer on Twitter, who others said made the swatting call. His account was suspended overnight.

According to posts on Twitter, two gamers were arguing when one threatened to target the other with a “swatting.” The person who was the target of the swatting gave the other gamer a false address, which sent police to Finch’s home instead of his own, according to Twitter posts.

Andrew Finch leaves behind two children – ages 2 and 7. He is from Virginia and the family moved to Wichita in the mid-1990s.
I doubt the idiot gamma who swatted the false address given to him by the other gamer has any idea that his ever-so-erudite reliance upon wordplay isn't going to get him off the hook for the man's death, which was a direct consequence of his ridiculous action.

This is the problem with the run-to-mommy generation. They don't even hesitate to appeal to authority over even the smallest, most easily resolved issues.

Labels: ,

183 Comments:

Blogger Luke December 29, 2017 7:07 PM  

There's a reason we mock these neckbeards on sight. The substance often matches the style.

Blogger Chris Mallory December 29, 2017 7:16 PM  

The cop who shot the innocent citizen should die in prison sharing a cell with the "gamer". Let the real cons have both of them.

Anonymous Jack December 29, 2017 7:16 PM  

I definitely noticed the increase in run-to-mommy among millennials. I chalked it up to increased leftism and pc in the classroom and culture, not letting them resolve disputes any other way. Can/will Gen Z avoid the same fate?

Anonymous JAG December 29, 2017 7:17 PM  

This is why you must remain anonymous when engaging in PvP online unless you are playing with friends you trust. Some nerd raging gamma just might cause your death like the unfortunate innocent victim.

Blogger James Dixon December 29, 2017 7:18 PM  

Both of them should be tried for negligent homicide.

Anonymous JAG December 29, 2017 7:24 PM  

The video at the link does not make the cops look very good. Dude was just trying to figure out what the hell was going on, and gets shot on his front porch. Of course, cops get away with murder most of the time. The video didn't feature the copsonic level 1 spell "stop resisting", so the cop will have to use the court save ass level 8 spell "I feared for my life" instead.

Anonymous basementhomebrewer December 29, 2017 7:32 PM  

JAG wrote:The video at the link does not make the cops look very good. Dude was just trying to figure out what the hell was going on, and gets shot on his front porch. Of course, cops get away with murder most of the time. The video didn't feature the copsonic level 1 spell "stop resisting", so the cop will have to use the court save ass level 8 spell "I feared for my life" instead.

Unfortunately this instance is a confirmation of a failing society on all parts. From the Gamma seeking revenge for a trivial slight to the police that have adopted the "officer safety" mentality which translates to "shoot everyone and figure out if they were a threat later."

Blogger Cecil Henry December 29, 2017 7:32 PM  

This is atrocious behavior.

Its a flat out murder without any provocation. Scary.

This is little different than the point blank murder of Daniel Shaver in a hotel.

Forget the video game stupidity, this is police incompetence and violence at insane levels.

Think of what this could mean with a prank call, or simple misunderstanding.

Blogger Rebel Skate December 29, 2017 7:36 PM  

Gen Z will not be interested in the appeal to authority.
For them, authority always stacks the deck against them and finds them innocent or guilty based on their skin color.
Gen Z will be a bunch of Dirty Harrys

Anonymous LurkingPuppy December 29, 2017 7:38 PM  

Also, NWA was right.

Blogger Lazarus December 29, 2017 7:40 PM  

“I DIDNT GET ANYONE KILLED BECAUSE I DIDNT DISCHARGE A WEAPON AND BEING A SWAT MEMBER ISNT MY PROFESSION,” said one gamer on Twitter, who others said made the swatting call. His account was suspended overnight.

Your life is over, dude. Any money you make from now on will go to pay the wrongful death judgement. I suggest you go the Fentanyl route. Its pretty quick and painless.

Anonymous Haxo Angmaerk December 29, 2017 7:42 PM  

economically, politically, culturally, it is all

(((one system))).

we have to kill them all. But in the meantime,

MAGA!!

or in VD's case,

MIGA! (make italy great again)

Anonymous Jack Amok December 29, 2017 7:56 PM  

FFS, disarm the police already.

Blogger roughcoat December 29, 2017 7:57 PM  

I'm sure his handle, "SWAuTistic", will really help his case. That's his capitalization, not mine.

Anonymous patrick kelly December 29, 2017 7:58 PM  

"Forget the video game stupidity, this is police incompetence and violence at insane levels. "

Any ROE or "policy/procedure" that lets this LEO off without serious consequences is evil.

Blogger The Observer December 29, 2017 8:01 PM  

Even stupider is assuming someone on the internet would give out one's address to someone recently provoked.

Blogger The Observer December 29, 2017 8:03 PM  

his ever-so-erudite reliance upon wordplay

Would you say this is a gamma trait, or one more common in gammas?

Blogger Lazarus December 29, 2017 8:05 PM  

Think of what this could mean with a prank call, or simple misunderstanding.

This happens more often than one would find comfortable. But when something real is going on, like at Columbine, they hide outside until everyone is out of ammunition.

MPAI. Cops are not an exception.

Blogger haus frau December 29, 2017 8:05 PM  

The guy who gave out the false address deserves a civil suit as well, if not outright jail time. I dont know what law that would fall under but he had to know he was quite possibly directing the other guy's rage toward an innocent party.

Blogger haus frau December 29, 2017 8:07 PM  

“I DIDNT GET ANYONE KILLED BECAUSE I DIDNT DISCHARGE A WEAPON AND BEING A SWAT MEMBER ISNT MY PROFESSION,”

Another gamma self delusion? How could he really believe this?

Blogger Lazarus December 29, 2017 8:07 PM  

Stupid people unleash chaos like they know what will happen and how it will go.
No one knows what will happen. Stupid people can't figure that out.

Blogger The Observer December 29, 2017 8:11 PM  

@20:

For the same reason people run to the "ah, but I didn't say that verbatim!" weaseling when cornered in an argument.

In an age when a proper fight behind the schoolyard or duel in the streets is disallowed, those clever with their tongues twist the system to their ends. Of course, there are many who are rather less adept at finagling words and being talmudic than they would like to imagine.

Blogger Nate73 December 29, 2017 8:16 PM  

I'm not sure what's more surreal, the fact the argument escalated that much, or the fact that you can "dial-a-murder" in the USA by calling for a SWAT team.

Blogger pyrrhus December 29, 2017 8:19 PM  

The leader of the SWAT team should be indicted as well, but shiny badges do give special status in our FUBAR society....

Anonymous Just another commenter December 29, 2017 8:21 PM  

Cop should be charged with negligent manslaughter at the least, but likely won't.
SWATer should be charged with accessory to murder.
Both should be trolled mercilessly by the God Emperor to highlight the mental-state problems of all of the people involved.

And SWATER - what you said as a denial was a confession.

Anonymous Raw Cringe December 29, 2017 8:21 PM  

Wow, that story really gets my gamma rage going. Wish I could smash that little b******'s head on the curb and pry it open with a screwdriver. Another sniveling vidya-playing waste of skin making a strong case for eugenics.

Why did no one watching the exchange on twitter call the local police ahead of time and warn them of a possible false alarm? Was it too much fun to see if someone would die?

Blogger Artisanal Toad December 29, 2017 8:21 PM  

The fact it was a case of swatting will work in the cops favor when the decision whether to prosecute is made and again if he goes to trial. Given the nature of what was related in the hoax call (the gamma that did it might have done a very good job of making it sound very bad), the cops would have legitimately been jacked up to a level 10 on the stress scale, expecting to deal with a homicidal/suicidal maniac at any moment.

Andy opened the door...

And the predictable occurred.

Doesn't excuse the behavior, but it's mitigating for the cop and the idiot that made the call is now first in line to be thrown under the bus by a system that does not want to prosecute the cop.

Blogger Tatooine Sharpshooters' Club December 29, 2017 8:23 PM  

@23 - Exactly. Why bother with the legal and financial hassles of hiring a hitman when you can just dial the local taxpayer-funded monopoly of force and say "Hostage situation at 1313 Mockingbird Lane! Shots fired!"

Blogger Dave December 29, 2017 8:30 PM  

"SWAuTistic"

Do they let ya play Call of Duty in prison? I can picture those jail cell conversations:

"What are you in for?" asked Bubba.

"This gamer was really annoying me online so I tried to swat him but I gave the cops the wrong address."

"Come here, I'll show the games we play in here."

Blogger Nate December 29, 2017 8:31 PM  

A case like this happened in Louisianna. 17 year old kid did the swatting. No one got hurt... but... the cajun judges do not have a sense of humor about this stuff.

The judge gave the kid 20 years. No parole.

He said something like "Today is the day you learn that what you do online can have very harsh consequences here in the real world."

The kid was crying for his mommy when they took him away.

I hope this little bastard gets the death penalty.

Blogger ace December 29, 2017 8:31 PM  

Consider this: we have reached a point where calling the police on someone has a nontrivial chance of getting them killed. The police. Might kill you, just for being there. We then say, well, the person who called the police should be held criminally liable because of course the POLICE can't be trusted not to kill people. The police (and especially SWAT) are now Schrödinger's hitmen.

This also goes for anyone who calls the police to help them. The police don't know whether you are the perpetrator. They'll shoot you from the car.

They're not going to be on our side.

Blogger Nate December 29, 2017 8:32 PM  

"Doesn't excuse the behavior, but it's mitigating for the cop and the idiot that made the call is now first in line to be thrown under the bus by a system that does not want to prosecute the cop."

there is no question that the cop should be dealt with. That said... if you think that cop is sleeping well tonight... you're delusional.

Blogger Welsh Woodsman December 29, 2017 8:33 PM  

Another incident that goes further in helping us all dispel with that quaint notion that cops are "our friends" and there to "protect and to serve"
Will Grigg ( RIP) helped all lovers of liberty to see this - long before if it was politically popular.

As for the gamma who did the swatting - hope the turd has the book thrown at him and he ends up in prison for decades. False 911 calls that create a needless death are not looked upon lightly by any DA

Blogger Dave December 29, 2017 8:36 PM  

@Nate

Fantastic so case law already on the books and a 17yo too. Game over.

Blogger Bobiojimbo December 29, 2017 8:36 PM  

Few years ago, at a previous job, I was talking to some co-workers. One of my peers' neighbors had shot a hole through their wall - thankfully no one was injured. I made a joke about what if it had been SWATting. I explained just how bad SWATting is, but one of the guys just laughed.

I feared this day may come, and I'm sadden it has. I hope this "prankster" gets his just deserts.

Anonymous Überdeplorable Psychedelic Cat Grass December 29, 2017 8:39 PM  

Police that shot should be tried for involuntary manslaughter.

Guy that gave fake address should be tried as an iadvertant accessory to murder if such a thing exists.

The gamma f*** that called in the swatting: non premeditated murder, calling in a false report. The survivors of the raid should be given ten minutes a piece alone with him strapped to a chair and muzzled.

Blogger Brad Matthews December 29, 2017 8:40 PM  

SWATTstika

Blogger Welsh Woodsman December 29, 2017 8:43 PM  

This incident also helps to drive home how imperative it is to NEVER own your home under your personal name and to NEVER give out your domicile address any time you are asked for a physical address.
Rent a box UPS package store if you have to but do whatever it takes to insure that your real address is only known to close family and friends

Blogger Artisanal Toad December 29, 2017 8:46 PM  

@32

Nate, I was talking about the legal system and how things are likely to play out in that particular Alice-In-Wonderland legal reality. I didn't say anything about the cop who murdered Andy, but if Grossman is correct, there is at least a 3% chance the cop will sleep like a baby tonight.

Blogger Michael Neal December 29, 2017 8:59 PM  

The FBI just raided a house in northern Virginia

Anonymous Chippewa December 29, 2017 9:01 PM  

Not a whole lot of surprises here. Gamers being utterly antisocial and unfit for life in general. Cops being predictably just as antisocial and trashy.

The problem is that within wider society, you'll have a hard time finding anyone defending the gamers. You will, however, have no problem whatsoever finding some cuckshed-dwelling boomer happy to use every instance of logical fallacy and sophistry to defend his beloved blue line.

Blogger Slamdunk December 29, 2017 9:01 PM  

“It is a flat out murder without any provocation.”

Not sure how you can consider the context of the 911 call, see the body camera footage, and reach that conclusion without bias.


I am not contending that the video shows a justifiable use of lethal force, as the officer may be found to have acted beyond the scope of KS state law, but to ignore the decedent’s movement that mimics a firing stance prior to the discharge is irresponsible and unproductive to meaningful conversations on this topic.

Blogger VFM #7634 December 29, 2017 9:01 PM  

@30 Nate

"Crying for his mommy"

I'm a bit mystified as to when that stopped being considered shameful at a "turn in your man card now" level.

Blogger Ken Prescott December 29, 2017 9:05 PM  

The problem is that, absent a both very high level of shared morality and civilizational trust (both of which have been under systematized attack for most of a century), the communities the cops end up policing end up looking like low-grade war zones, and the cops end up needing to be militarized.

Blogger Solaire Of Astora December 29, 2017 9:05 PM  

Saw a possible picture of the swatter. Looked like a low IQ dindu of all things. And of course the cop claims the dude reached for his waistband. Always with that pos excuse.

Blogger Ingot9455 December 29, 2017 9:05 PM  

Let's start with, "Why did the cops not telephone the damn house?"
The deeper question is why is telephone spoofing still allowed and why can't it be detected the same way IP spoofing is? When will they take VOIP to task for gratuitious illegal uses?

Anonymous Brick Hardslab December 29, 2017 9:06 PM  

Is there some better video than the one shot from a lapel camera in the next zip code?

Blogger Robert What? December 29, 2017 9:12 PM  

Cops now know they can kill White people without any repercussions. No protests, no charges, no nothing.

Anonymous DissidentRight December 29, 2017 9:12 PM  

The millenial cop who murdered Daniel Shaver was acquitted. What do you want to bet that the millenial cop who murdered Andrew Finch will be acquitted, too?

Blogger OGRE December 29, 2017 9:15 PM  

@30 Nate

If you are referring to the Paul Horner case, that is a hoax originating from a satirical news sight. Nobody has received that kind of sentence for swatting...at least not yet.

Typically swatters might get one to two years in prison at most, although I'm not aware of any swatting incident that has resulted in death prior to this one.

In this instance I think theres a strong case for an involuntary manslaughter prosecution against the guy who called it in. Second degree murder is a stretch but could stick with the right judge and jury.

As horrible as the gamma's actions are though the police should face some severe accountability of their own. Shooting an unarmed man in his own home for opening his front door is inexcusable.

Anonymous Random #57 December 29, 2017 9:16 PM  

@30 Nate and @34 Dave

"A case like this happened in Louisianna. 17 year old kid did the swatting. No one got hurt... but... the cajun judges do not have a sense of humor about this stuff.

The judge gave the kid 20 years. No parole."

Unfortunately that was real Fake News, it didn't happen in the real world.

Blogger OGRE December 29, 2017 9:18 PM  

@33 Welsh Woodsman

I hadn't realized Will Grigg had passed on. I used to read his site quite often but hadn't for some time. This is the first I'd heard of his death. He wasn't an old man by any means.

Anonymous Jack Amok December 29, 2017 9:19 PM  

Actually seems like most of the WPD have decent training. The idiot cop who shot the guy probably had a negligent discharge because his finger was on the trigger. Common enough for poorly trained badgers. What's amazing is the rest of the cops on site didn't open up a fusillade as soon as they heard the first shot.

Anonymous DissidentRight December 29, 2017 9:20 PM  

@40 but to ignore the decedent’s movement that mimics a firing stance prior to the discharge is irresponsible and unproductive

Because you’re innocent until a trigger-happy millennial sociopathy wearing a badge gets acquitted for your murder.

Anonymous Brick Hardslab December 29, 2017 9:21 PM  

Serious question, why are there so many gammas like this guy? What makes them?

Blogger Chris Mallory December 29, 2017 9:21 PM  

Nate wrote:. if you think that cop is sleeping well tonight... you're delusional.

You are right. The government thug's boner at getting to shoot a citizen will probably keep him too hyped to sleep for months.

Blogger Ken Prescott December 29, 2017 9:23 PM  

The deeper question is why is telephone spoofing still allowed and why can't it be detected the same way IP spoofing is? When will they take VOIP to task for gratuitious illegal uses?

Because cold-call boiler rooms pay REALLY GOOD MONEY to ISPs for lots of bandwidth, and they would stop doing so if Caller ID worked and came up with "GRIFTING BOILER ROOM CON ARTIST."

Blogger Chris Mallory December 29, 2017 9:24 PM  

Slamdunk wrote:but to ignore the decedent’s movement that mimics a firing stance prior to the discharge is irresponsible and unproductive to meaningful conversations on this topic.

Was the citizen holding a weapon? Did the citizen fire a weapon at the government employees or anyone else? No? Ok, the cop did not identify his target. Murder under the color of authority is the charge he should face. Death or life in prison is the punishment he should face.

Blogger Chris Mallory December 29, 2017 9:26 PM  

Ken Prescott wrote:the cops end up needing to be militarized.
No, no they shouldn't need to be militarized. Citizens should always be able to outgun the cops.

Blogger Michael Neal December 29, 2017 9:30 PM  

The FBI just conducted a multiagency raid in northern Virginia

Blogger Ken Prescott December 29, 2017 9:30 PM  

Chris Mallory wrote:Ken Prescott wrote:the cops end up needing to be militarized.

No, no they shouldn't need to be militarized. Citizens should always be able to outgun the cops.


Did you read all the stuff I wrote before that, or did you sperg out on the last clause? Be honest.

The situation is what it is, and it needs to be corrected to what it should be. That's going to involve (at a minimum) mass deportations of paperwork Americans, exile of the habitually trouble-makers, and no small amount of militarized SOMEBODY busting a great many heads.

Stand by for heavy rolls as the ship of state comes about...

Blogger Dave December 29, 2017 9:32 PM  

The judge gave the kid 20 years. No parole."

Unfortunately that was real Fake News


This case should set the precedent then.

Anonymous Simon December 29, 2017 9:34 PM  

The problem is that those word games are often very successful.

They are very good at shutting down a debate.

They are very good at providing people cover for shitty behaviour.

In this instance, the responsibility is going to be on the cop who shot the guy or the SWATer... which means the SWATer will eat shit.

VD was correct in saying that it won't work for him this time.

Blogger Dire Badger December 29, 2017 9:45 PM  

There were three villains here.

The trigger-happy cop(s), the swatter, and the goddamned service that allows people to 'spoof' a phone call, breaking the protections people have gone to enormous amounts of trouble to put in place.

The spoofing service needs to go down.

Blogger Dire Badger December 29, 2017 9:47 PM  

Solaire Of Astora wrote:Saw a possible picture of the swatter. Looked like a low IQ dindu of all things. And of course the cop claims the dude reached for his waistband. Always with that pos excuse.

Bullshit. The Swatter is not identified, and most likely will not be.

Anonymous Ryan G December 29, 2017 9:57 PM  

I was never a cop, but I did stand armed watches in the Navy.

Shortly after Bin Laden was put down, commands in my area of the world were on heightened alert. Among other things, this meant that civilian contractors had to park a long ways away from the ship and haul their supplies in by hand.

It was noon when a couple of contractors showed up in a big truck and slowly drove over to park near the ship. I walked in front of them, armed with my M16, and approached the driver. I told him, "Sorry sir, you're going to have to park outside the gate." He objected and said he had permission. I told him I had a direct, standing order from our captain that absolutely no vehicles were allowed. That's when he did something incredibly stupid.

The man quickly ducked down to get something from the door well. When I say "quickly", I mean he practically lunged down. Within a split second I had chambered a round in my rifle, flipped off the safety, and had the man square in my sights. We weren't exactly trained for what to do in this situation, so I improvised: I yelled at him and his passenger to get out, lay down on the ground, and blew my distress whistle to call for backup.

At this point, he identified himself as Chief so-and-so (he was in civilian disguise) and said he was doing a force protection inspection. He admitted that what he did was really stupid and didn't blame me at all for doing what I did. However, ever since then, I've wondered about "what-if".

That was the closest point in my entire life where I came to kill someone. All I would have had to do was squeeze the trigger and he - and quite possibly his passenger - would have been dead. My adrenaline was pumping so hard I could hear my pulse. I didn't have time to "fear for my life" because it all happened so quickly. I simply reacted.

Ever since then, I've wondered about all these police shootings. I hear the excuses "I was following my training", "I had to make a split second call", and "I feared for my life" and I can't help but think they overreacted. Being an armed guard wasn't my primary duty. I had maybe a combined total of a month of various training before I was given an automatic rifle (Navy M16s are still full auto, not 3 round burst). Yet even I still had enough sense to not pull the trigger until I at least saw a weapon of some kind. Maybe that's an unreasonable standard, but maybe if that's too high for police officers to accept, they shouldn't have taken the job.

Anonymous Verb December 29, 2017 10:07 PM  

This innocent man was not murdered because of gamma rage. He was murdered because of police rage.

When did knocking on people's door and then pumping them full of lead became legitimate police work? America is not Guatemala.

The police thugs that murdered this man should be locked up for life and the entire police department in this city should be shutdown and handed over to the County Sharif department.

Anonymous DeeJay December 29, 2017 10:08 PM  

Even the most pessimistic cyberpunk writer couldn't come up with this stuff. Be nice if all the guilty parties (the gamers, cops) were duly locked up, but since that's the obvious and sensible thing to do, of course it won't ever happen.

Blogger Ken Prescott December 29, 2017 10:10 PM  

Verb wrote:When did knocking on people's door and then pumping them full of lead became legitimate police work? America is not Guatemala.

Well, you slalomed right into the problem. Once upon a time, America wasn't Guatemala. Nowadays, there may be more Guatemalans in America than in Guatemala.

Blogger tz December 29, 2017 10:16 PM  

SWAT are merely fellow gammas with guns.

Anonymous Sidehill Dodger December 29, 2017 10:16 PM  

The lines of personal fault and failure are pretty clear in this story. But satisfying as it may be, it's not enough to dump on the idiot gamer and the cop. There's a wider problem here that should be addressed as a matter of public policy: U.S. cops shoot people too much. Inasmuch as the problem has been recognized at all, it's been in the politicized context of the contemptible "Black Lives Matter" organization. But that's not the real problem, and it's not a sincere attempt to fix anything. Cops aren't engaged in a racist plot to kill blacks, they're just shooting too many people, period. So why is this happening?

If you want to vent moral outrage about needless shooting by the police, then let's not hang individual police officers out to dry. Instead, let's talk about police hiring and training in the United States. Let's talk about patrolling methods and procedures like traffic stops. Cops should be thoroughly trained not to shoot people, except as a last resort. The policies with regard to the use of heavily militarized "SWAT teams" have got to be tightened up. Too many of these guys are adrenaline junkies. Nobody should be able to bring down armageddon on a neighbor with a phone call. The fact that you can do this should be clear proof that there are systemic problems with our police.

That's what the rational part of me thinks, anyway. But somewhere at the back of my mind is the nagging feeling that maybe we get the police we deserve...

Blogger Jay in DC December 29, 2017 10:20 PM  

As someone who has been on the receiving end of a SWAT raid for a literal "office joke" that offended a little brown fella w/ a bone to pick I can tell you expect ALOT more.

This is where we are headed. Women, spergs, and minorities need only pick up the phone and the all too eager alpha males will go to the only place they can act with impunity anymore; as enforcers of the SJW doctrine.

Any perceived slight will at minimum land you in Human Resources and with a pink slip, and in worst case in literal physical danger as they can simply say "he threatened violence". That is all it takes, as I said, I lived it.

Blogger Welsh Woodsman December 29, 2017 10:26 PM  

"The spoofing service needs to go down."

How the hell is the spoofing service culpable?
Using your own logic the prog-left would be perfectly justified in holding every gun manufacturer responsible for all murder committed using their weapons.
We can all conclude this is not something we want to see happen.
"Spoofing/VOIP" services are invaluable...especially if you want to protect the privacy of your personal cell phone number. Just because the service is ( rarely) used by miscreants for nefarious means doesn't negate its usefulness.

Anonymous Neo December 29, 2017 10:29 PM  

"This innocent man was not murdered because of gamma rage. He was murdered because of police rage."

It doesn't have to be one or the other. It's both. Swatting isn't a joke. And the gamma should've been aware of the potential consequences.

Anonymous FP December 29, 2017 10:42 PM  

Nate wrote:. That said... if you think that cop is sleeping well tonight... you're delusional.

Officer(now former) Daniel Harless of Canton Ohio provides a counter example to your point.

Blogger Alexandros December 29, 2017 10:46 PM  

I find it increasingly difficult to continue supporting the police these days.

Blogger Gloriam Deo December 29, 2017 10:58 PM  

I see far too many of you blaming the cops. This is not a function of police issues, this is a function of diversity. The only reason SWAT and militarized police are needed is because of a massive, non-white population. Cops are jumpy because they have been told two things: 1) Race isn't real. 2) All people are equal. Cops are people like everyone else. They took in this garbage like everyone else and so started treating everyone like a gang banger or cartel member. If the status quo in Europe continues the way it has, expect to see similar problems occurs in Europe within 20 years.

Blogger Lazarus December 29, 2017 11:03 PM  

@62 That's when he did something incredibly stupid.

The man quickly ducked down to get something from the door well. When I say "quickly", I mean he practically lunged down.


Did he ever explain that move? It seems an odd thing to do in the circumstances.

Anonymous Godfrey December 29, 2017 11:07 PM  

Why do people waste $20,000 hiring a hit man when your local trigger-happy moron cop will do it for free?

Anonymous Godfrey December 29, 2017 11:10 PM  

Swatting will put hit men out of business.

I'm surprised the cops didn't kill the whole family - including women, children, & pets - and then burn entire block to the ground.

Anonymous Ryan G December 29, 2017 11:16 PM  

@74 Did he ever explain that move? It seems an odd thing to do in the circumstances.

He was reaching for a fake authorization slip. The purpose of the inspection was to see whether we'd just take the paper at face value and wave him on by or call it in.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd December 29, 2017 11:35 PM  

Verb wrote:

When did knocking on people's door and then pumping them full of lead became legitimate police work? America is not Guatemala.


It became legit when America became Guatemala Norte.

Sidehill Dodger wrote:If you want to vent moral outrage about needless shooting by the police, then let's not hang individual police officers out to dry. Instead, let's talk about police hiring and training in the United States. Let's talk about patrolling methods and procedures like traffic stops. Cops should be thoroughly trained not to shoot people, except as a last resort.

Train 'em right, talk about that stuff. But if we don't hang individual cops out to dry - if we don't literally execute them when they do this kind of thing - they will keep on committing murder. If they aren't held individually responsible, they will continue to be irresponsible, because they are human, just like you and me.

Anonymous Deplorable Winning December 29, 2017 11:39 PM  

Sidehill Dodger wrote:Cops aren't engaged in a racist plot to kill blacks, they're just shooting too many people, period. So why is this happening?

...let's talk about police hiring and training in the United States... Nobody should be able to bring down armageddon on a neighbor with a phone call. The fact that you can do this should be clear proof that there are systemic problems with our police.


The systemic problem begins with the very existence of "your" police. In all of history and all of civilization, there was no such thing as "your" police. City police only date from about Boston, 1828. State police were created after the invention of the automobile and then the AAA. All of them are dedicated "to protect and serve..." their masters- the anti-civilized kleptocracy/plutocracy.

This is why the police are under no mandate to protect citizens from harm.

Anonymous Brick Hardslab December 29, 2017 11:58 PM  

What causes the growth in gamma males? How can we reverse it?

Anonymous Chippewa December 30, 2017 12:01 AM  

Brick Hardslab wrote:What causes the growth in gamma males? How can we reverse it?

A fucking hurricane of different things. Shit parenting. Shit education. Shit diet. Porn.

Blogger ace December 30, 2017 12:02 AM  

@73

I didn't mention that because I thought it went without saying. Low-trust societies get the police forces they deserve. I wasn't blaming the police in particular or pretending this can be solved with something fucking insipid like "muh better training!"

Blogger Johnny December 30, 2017 12:08 AM  

The way law enforcement works is that cops have to be proactive on the scene or they become ineffective. And in situations that involve violence the cop is at risk in a number of ways. The risk of bodily harm, the risk of going to jail because of an inadvertent shooting, and the risk of losing a big part of their lifetime earnings owing to civil damages suits. As a result, unless the cop thinks he has some support should he screw up, most of them will go "fetal" and become ineffective in any situation that can lead to violence. Thus conviction rates in things like armed robbery and murder will go way down owing to ineffective police work.

The black community is so different from the rest of America that really cop work has to be divided into two categories, black ghetto and not black ghetto. Owing to the success of denigrating cops in the media, effective police work has largely been withdrawn in the some big city black areas, and guess what, the body count has gone up. But then it was almost always blacks shooting other blacks. Chicago has running stats on police shootings in a website called heyjackass. On the average for every 100 black men who are gunned down, around 98 of them are shot by non cops and 2 by cops. So, you gonna fix it by keeping the police shootings to a minimum? Only in your dreams.

Anonymous Deplorable Winning December 30, 2017 12:09 AM  

Brick Hardslab wrote:What causes the growth in gamma males? How can we reverse it?

Putting aside the Mouse Utopia argument for now, there is a clue provided by this story of how to reverse gamma male incursions: force them to run to mommy. They double down? You double down.

Blogger Ken Prescott December 30, 2017 12:18 AM  

Watching the video in full screen...the cops gave stupid commands. But the guy made a very, very stupid move. It *LOOKED* like he was reaching for a gun AND that he'd brought one up. Enough stupid to go around.

Blogger LP9 December 30, 2017 12:21 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger LP9 December 30, 2017 12:24 AM  

COD mommy mobsters.

86 oh dear soy boys to gammas are :gay lite: hating women with their complexes that dont make any sense or any application in real life.

Forgive me, wonderful reading wit all posts; Merry Christmas (still playing beautiful Christmas music)and a Great 2018 to all. LP

Blogger Cloudswrest December 30, 2017 12:31 AM  

While the swatters are certainly guilty, ultimate responsibility and liability should reside on those with the guns. Law enforcement should have strict liability for the results of their actions, even with hindsight.

Anonymous Battlefrog December 30, 2017 12:51 AM  

I don't think this is a running to authority situation. This is anti-social hyper-edginess. It's more like calling in a bomb threat to your school because you got pissed off at a teacher.

It wouldn't surprise me at all of the kid who did this was being medicated.

Anonymous Looking Glass December 30, 2017 12:51 AM  

This is an ugly case if I've ever seen one.

That that called the SWATing is guilty of a whole host of felonies. His life is over.

Guy that gave out the address probably doesn't have criminal liability, but he will want to find a lawyer and I would recommend apologizing on his hands & knees to the family.

Odds are there is body cam footage, that we'll never see, but there is severe civil and criminal liabilities coming at the police department. Most killed by Police are drug-induced suicide by cop, but an innocent man is quite dead because someone screwed up royally. This issue won't go away for a while.

Anonymous Ominous Cowherd December 30, 2017 12:52 AM  

Could you or I get away with doing what those cops did? Hold the cops to the same standards that the rest of us live under.

Anonymous ZhukovG December 30, 2017 12:55 AM  

As a former cop, and with only what limited information I have, this looks like a jumpy cop that may have inadvertently discharged their weapon. There was probably no criminal intent on the part of the officer and so I doubt criminal charges will be filed. The city(or rather its taxpayers) will however be on the hook for a lot of civil damages.

The gamma gamer however should be charged with negligent homicide in regards to the actual victim and also assault with intent to do bodily harm in regards to intended victim.

Blogger tublecane December 30, 2017 1:04 AM  

@89-I agree. It's less "Mommy, mommy, help!" and more let's you and him fight.

Anonymous Battlefrog December 30, 2017 1:20 AM  

Battlefrog wrote:It's more like calling in a bomb threat to your school because you got pissed off at a teacher.

My bomb threat analogy turned out to be more than just an analogy:

25-year-old Tyler Barriss, who is known online as 'SWAuTistic,' was arrested on a fugitive warrant; he was charged in 2015 with making fake bomb threats to ABC7

Anonymous Jack Amok December 30, 2017 1:22 AM  

On the average for every 100 black men who are gunned down, around 98 of them are shot by non cops and 2 by cops.

Not my problem. I'm more worried about White guys getting shot by careless badgers.

this looks like a jumpy cop that may have inadvertently discharged their weapon.

That's what I assume. Guy had his gun pointed at the victim and his booger-hook on the trigger and... BANG!. Oops. Damn...

I assume that's the story in a lot of these questionable shootings. Barney Fife was supposed to be a joke, but we're not screening the Barneys out very well. Not requiring sufficient firearms training or discipline. Emphasizing 'controlling the scene' instead of de-escalation...



Blogger Dave December 30, 2017 1:23 AM  

Dude has a point. Ultimately, blame for the homicide rests on the cop(s) who pulled the trigger.

Anonymous Jack Amok December 30, 2017 1:33 AM  

My bomb threat analogy turned out to be more than just an analogy:

I can't find any report on what happened with his 2015 arrest for making a bomb threat, beyond him pleading not guilty. Quite likely he should've been in prison already where he couldn't make this crap-ass move.

Also, doesn't look very American to me.

Blogger Bob Loblaw December 30, 2017 1:36 AM  

Jeez. What's wrong with people?

Blogger Koanic December 30, 2017 1:38 AM  

If you don't want to get shot down like a dog, don't accept the leash.

David answered abuse with genocide for a reason. It's what free men do.

Blogger ((( bob kek mando ))) - ( the Original Militant Apathist ) December 30, 2017 1:44 AM  

19. haus frau December 29, 2017 8:05 PM
he had to know he was quite possibly directing the other guy's rage toward an innocent party.



the 'false address' aspect is completely irrelevant.

would it have been "better" had the retard cops gone to the correct address ... and murdered someone who's only crime was playing a video game?

1 - the Gamma willfully made a grossly False testimony to police / 911, which is a crime in itself
2 - the Gamma's INTENT was to send a SWAT team ... by it's very nature, this is Assault with Deadly Force
3 - SWAT team murdered someone at the address to which they were sent, which is an easily forseeable outcome and which is exactly what people have been warning about since InternetFags started playing these RealLife games
4 - this was not an accident, nor was it "spur of the moment". this False Testimony 911 call was planned and conceived to put the pigs into as heightened a state as possible ( shots fired, victim with a head wound, hostages ) before they arrived on scene.
5 - on the part of the Gamma, this has all the elements of Murder 1.

the retard cops are, of course, guilty of Negligence resulting in death at a minimum and are obviously unfit to ever hold a fire arm.

Anonymous Rocklea December 30, 2017 1:51 AM  

"The police (and especially SWAT) are now Schrödinger's hitmen."

I can just imagine the SWAT commander explaining this to the squad in training, "Right, so when we breach, the occupants are both dead and not dead, at the same time. We get to decide which through "active" observation."

Anonymous Battlefrog December 30, 2017 1:53 AM  

He didn't even do this as revenge. He did it because the kid who wanted revenge asked him to. He literally swats people on request. And he goes by the handle "SWAuTistic".

Blogger Edgar Abbey December 30, 2017 1:57 AM  

http://bnonews.com/news/index.php/news/id6899

"Sometimes people will send me money on PayPal to swat someone," he said.

Time to root out all the people who have, in the past, paid to have someone SWATed. Root them out, prosecute them, and send them to prison.

Anonymous a deplorable rubberducky December 30, 2017 2:05 AM  

Jack Amok wrote:Barney Fife was supposed to be a joke

Was he? Yes, his character was comedic. But ultimately that's the role of the police in a high trust, virtuous society. That's the case where you have a police officer whose only bullet is in his shirt pocket, who spends his days trying to rescue cats from trees in order to be a gamma hero to weeping little girls.

Funny thing. We ALMOST had that. We almost had Mayberry. Once upon a time that I can remember.

We sure as hell don't have that now.

Blogger tublecane December 30, 2017 2:09 AM  

@101-If he's a sort of SWAT Consultant, you'd think he'd be better at it. Like not taking the guy's word for his address, covering his tracks, not broadcasting his guilt.

Then again, such people aren't usually Professor Moriarties.

Blogger Luke December 30, 2017 2:14 AM  

It's called depraved heart murder. Wilful and wanton disregard for the potential cost to human life.

Blogger Bob Loblaw December 30, 2017 2:31 AM  

a deplorable rubberducky wrote:Jack Amok wrote:Barney Fife was supposed to be a joke

Was he? Yes, his character was comedic. But ultimately that's the role of the police in a high trust, virtuous society. That's the case where you have a police officer whose only bullet is in his shirt pocket, who spends his days trying to rescue cats from trees in order to be a gamma hero to weeping little girls.

Funny thing. We ALMOST had that. We almost had Mayberry. Once upon a time that I can remember.

We sure as hell don't have that now.



Agreed. I remember when cops didn't approach your car with their hands on their guns for a traffic stop. I remember when most police departments didn't have SWAT teams at all, and when cop uniforms looked like cop uniforms and not like something you see on paramilitaries.

Blogger Koanic December 30, 2017 2:52 AM  

The only cops in the whole Bible are the ones who arrested and beat Jesus, and Saul the super-cop. The only act of violence by a Christian in the Bible was an attempted decapitation of a cop, by the Pope.

Anonymous Phil Mann December 30, 2017 3:11 AM  

There was probably no criminal intent on the part of the officer

However, "intent" (or "mens rea" as we used to call it back in the day) is no longer a necessary element of a criminal offense and has not been for quite a while. Indeed, many people are now serving time for mere "criminal negligence" rather than cold, rational decisions to engage in conduct they knew was wrong. Of course, these unfortunates did not carry a badge nor wear a spiffy uniform. So you are no doubt correct that this officer will likely have no fear of doing time or even losing his job.

So let's get this straight: the supposedly highly trained professional (just what does the "S" in "SWAT" refer to again?) who we now find out is merely "a jumpy cop that may have inadvertently discharged their weapon" should face no liability, while some misguided nerd who phoned in a bogus 911 call is the only one responsible for this tragedy and must pay dearly.

Every day, professionals, from the surgeon who cuts off the wrong leg, to pilots who land on the wrong runway, face serious, life changing consequences for their screw-ups as well they should. Why do we continue to tolerate less than competent, professional performance from those "highly trained professionals" in law enforcement who literally have the power of life and death over us?

Anonymous Crew (not the one who makes stupid claims) December 30, 2017 3:12 AM  

This is going to be an interesting court case.

If they charge him with murder they are admitting that you should know when you call the cops out they are going to kill an innocent person.

I guess the cops could kill him as well because they were afraid. That way the court case goes away.

Anonymous Sidehill Dodger December 30, 2017 3:40 AM  

Jack Amok wrote:I assume that's the story in a lot of these questionable shootings. Barney Fife was supposed to be a joke, but we're not screening the Barneys out very well. Not requiring sufficient firearms training or discipline. Emphasizing 'controlling the scene' instead of de-escalation...


Yep. Like I said before, bad training, shit fire discipline. I bet the cop had a Glock, too. I know, don't blame the gun...but I'd rather my guardians of the peace had something that takes more of a deliberate effort to fire. They will have their finger on their trigger, and they will twitch. Only I should be trusted with a Glock, dammit.

Anonymous Sidehill Dodger December 30, 2017 4:07 AM  

Deplorable Winning wrote:The systemic problem begins with the very existence of "your" police. In all of history and all of civilization, there was no such thing as "your" police. City police only date from about Boston, 1828. State police were created after the invention of the automobile and then the AAA. All of them are dedicated "to protect and serve..." their masters- the anti-civilized kleptocracy/plutocracy.

I happen to think police are a good invention. I don't want to have to personally get revenge when someone steals from me. I want someone to call when a drunk is pounding on my door making threats because he thinks I'm the guy who lived at this address a couple of years ago and who owes him money. I like courts too. They may suck, but they beat "improvisational justice" any day. That is to say, I prefer courts and police to the available alternatives.

You're sperging about "anti-civilized kleptocracy/plutocracy", so I assume all this means nothing to you, and you envision yourself as living in some barbarian fantasy world where you, the mighty Konan, get the mete out your version of justice. But I don't want to live in your world. And what's more, you don't want me to, either.

My point is that they are the community's police, and they should be emphatically reminded of this on a frequent basis whenever necessary. I insist on it. I am prepared to apply deadly force on my own behalf, but I'd rather not. And I think maybe you would rather I didn't. Consider the matter carefully.

Yeah, I had a pistol in my hand and a phone in the other when the drunk incident happened, but I wasn't going to open the door and "resolve" the situation myself. And I would have been pissed if the cops had come and just shot him down instead of giving him the old "assume the position" treatment, as they did. That is what they are there for. To de-escalate situations, to keep me from having to apply drastic solutions to people who try to create problems for me. That is why I pay taxes, and that is why they are my police.

Anonymous Laz December 30, 2017 4:54 AM  

"This is little different than the point blank murder of Daniel Shaver in a hotel."

Shaver clearly reached for his waistband.

"Nowadays, there may be more Guatemalans in America than in Guatemala."

About 10% live in the US.

"All of them are dedicated "to protect and serve..." their masters- the anti-civilized kleptocracy/plutocracy."

And they've been in our faces about it for over 20 years. The Supreme Court at the time ruled they aren't to protect and serve but are to keep the peace. Hence the preponderance of carry laws.

@Ryan G: I was on the receiving end of something like that. Passenger made a quick move and the cop at my door had it out in a what seemed like a split second. I never really believed "my life flashed before my eyes" until that moment.

Blogger Wynn Lloyd December 30, 2017 4:58 AM  

Johnny-
What if we simply low-key pull our police out of black ghettos?
It's not something I've thought through or anything. Would it be so bad if these young black males simply offed each other with impunity? I guess the big problem there is spillover. Plus the dindus would then start bitching just as hard about the lack of policing.

What they want is to be treated like they are upper middle class whites without having to change their chaotic behavior or improve their communities, so maybe nothing will satisfy them when it comes to policing.

Anonymous Laz December 30, 2017 5:02 AM  

"Yep. Like I said before, bad training, shit fire discipline. I bet the cop had a Glock, too. I know, don't blame the gun...but I'd rather my guardians of the peace had something that takes more of a deliberate effort to fire. They will have their finger on their trigger, and they will twitch. Only I should be trusted with a Glock, dammit."

Not everybody gets a trigger polish and/or a lighter spring on their Glock.

I worked in a support role for multiple agencies for several years and I saw about 90% Glocks and the rest were 1911's.

Anonymous Laz December 30, 2017 5:05 AM  

"What they want is to be treated like they are upper middle class whites without having to change their chaotic behavior or improve their communities, so maybe nothing will satisfy them when it comes to policing. "

Funny how these things tend to resolve themselves when there is no amenable authority.

Anonymous indignation December 30, 2017 5:19 AM  

"Shaver clearly reached for his waistband."

Fuck off psychopath. That guy was crawling with his legs locked behind him, drunk and emotionally distraught. That cop is a murderer and so are you.

Blogger Resident Moron™ December 30, 2017 5:23 AM  

“so maybe nothing will satisfy them when it comes to policing”

It’s the SJWs in the white mid-upper classes who stir up this crap and they will never be satisfied.

That’s the whole point of the altRight: recognizing that these will bitch no matter what we do, even if it coincides with what they asked for, we don’t spend (waste) any time at all on what they want or what they don’t; we’re just going to do what needs doing.

The dindus will go with the flow, as they do.

It’s up to us to set the flow.

Blogger SteelPalm December 30, 2017 5:28 AM  

Between this and Daniel Shaver being gunned down at a hotel by a psychotic 25 year-old with a badge who wanted to murder somebody, who the local police department then helped defend, it has not been a good few weeks for the police.

A lot of their former supporters, including myself, are increasingly seeing how dangerous, incompetent, stupid, and even psychotic many cops are. The countless instances of police siding with Antifa and calmly watching as they beat some elderly Trump supporter didn't help matters before then, either.

Yes, there are genuinely heroic cops with integrity and restraint. But that's the thing. It's a case-by-case situation, and there are indeed systemic problems, some of which aren't their fault (SJW convergence, hardcore leftist mayors), and some of which absolutely are. (Militarization of the police was a mistake)

I now think those blindly praising the police are as foolish as those blindly trashing them.

Anonymous Anonymous December 30, 2017 5:37 AM  

Tes

OpenID markstoval December 30, 2017 5:43 AM  

@30
"That said... if you think that cop is sleeping well tonight... you're delusional."

The cop may well be worried about what punishment he will get for his murder. But he will never worry about the innocent life he took. Cops don't consider civilians even human. (known many cops and I don't think I have known especially "bad" ones)

Blogger S. Thermite December 30, 2017 5:52 AM  

@SteelPalm

As someone equally enraged by that hotel hall shooting, I sugest that your anger may be misdirected at the young cop who pulled the trigger, rather than the egotistical and unprofessional superior officer who actually give the verbal commands and unnecessarily set the stage for murder. It’s a common misperception that the voice on the body cam video is that of the cop who did the shooting, but it’s not. From what I’ve heard, the “mentor” who called the shots was allowed to retire without facing any charges or a single day in court, despite literally shouting encouragement and rationalization for subordinate cops to shoot first and ask questions later. That’s the real travesty about that encounter.

Anonymous Laz December 30, 2017 5:57 AM  

"Fuck off psychopath. That guy was crawling with his legs locked behind him, drunk and emotionally distraught. That cop is a murderer and so are you."

Yeah, drunk and distraught people never reach for their waistband. I'm not saying it wasn't murder, but he did reach. Come back when you can stop seeing what you want to in that video.

Blogger wreckage December 30, 2017 5:59 AM  

"Cops don't consider civilians even human. (known many cops"... liar.

Blogger SteelPalm December 30, 2017 5:59 AM  

@120 S. Thermite

Interesting.

Although if the voice shouting commands was indeed that of an older officer, not the 25 year-old who killed the man, then that actually reflects much, much worse upon the police.

Blogger wreckage December 30, 2017 6:00 AM  

@117.
Pretty much how I see the future unfolding, right there.

Anonymous Laz December 30, 2017 6:04 AM  

"Yes, there are genuinely heroic cops with integrity and restraint. But that's the thing. It's a case-by-case situation, and there are indeed systemic problems, some of which aren't their fault (SJW convergence, hardcore leftist mayors), and some of which absolutely are. (Militarization of the police was a mistake)"

SOME heroic cops. As my ex-Sheriff golf buddy who was run out and blacklisted for arresting a wife-beating cop told me, the good ones are all about gone now.

Blogger Mr.MantraMan December 30, 2017 6:36 AM  

Iran is getting SWATed

OpenID markstoval December 30, 2017 7:08 AM  

@122

Head of motorcycle division of my large city lived across the street for years until his divorce -- his ex-wife still lives there. Several more over on next street.

Say "liar" all you want, but that does not mean reality just fades away. (well, unless you think you are a warlock or something)

Anonymous Ages December 30, 2017 7:58 AM  

The cop should be tried and executed. I am so fucking tired of innocent white people being murdered by police, because truly whites are the only ones they are not afraid to engage.

I hope the citizens of Wichita are calling for this guy’s head. (They’ll probably place all the blame on the caller. “What was the cop supposed to do?”)

Blogger Dire Badger December 30, 2017 8:07 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Dire Badger December 30, 2017 8:09 AM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

Anonymous Ages December 30, 2017 8:12 AM  

There was probably no criminal intent on the part of the officer and so I doubt criminal charges will be filed.

There was intent to fatally discharge a weapon because he pointed it at the guy and fired it. Since the cop was not doing his job correctly (“jumpy” and shot without knowing whether a crime was even taking place) that makes him liable for a crime.

If any person in a dangerous profession did something analogous, you can guarantee they would go to prison. When train engineers accidentally crash a train and kill people, they are usually convicted of something.

Cops are above the law in most cases, and they know it. Even the simplest things like speed limits don’t have to be obeyed. Society has deferred far too much to the police, and in most places they have become a paramilitary organization, applying tactics appropriate to Kabul to even the most mundane situations. In this case there was no situation. It was an innocent guy opening his fucking door.

I appreciate segments of society have put police on greater danger, but if they are so stupid as to engage a supposed threat without knowing the facts, they need to receive severe punishment. Send a message to every cop that if you kill a citizen in cold blood, your life is over.

I hope Kansas at least passes a law to punish officers who do this kind of shit. I am furious, as I could see the tin soldiers in my town doing the same thing, the way they carry themselves in their edgy black uniforms.

Blogger Dire Badger December 30, 2017 8:18 AM  

Welsh Woodsman wrote:"The spoofing service needs to go down."

How the hell is the spoofing service culpable?

Using your own logic the prog-left would be perfectly justified in holding every gun manufacturer responsible for all murder committed using their weapons.

We can all conclude this is not something we want to see happen.

"Spoofing/VOIP" services are invaluable...especially if you want to protect the privacy of your personal cell phone number. Just because the service is ( rarely) used by miscreants for nefarious means doesn't negate its usefulness.


Libertarian nonsense. Internet privacy is one thing, because your comment can have an audience, but person-to-person anonymity? There is NO reason for person-to-person anonymity that does not involve criminal or immoral activity.


My right to know who I am talking to is more important than your right to hide your identity. If you don't want your anonymity violated, there's a perfectly legitimate way to conceal it... Don't talk to people.

Your comparison to gun manufacturers is utterly ridiculous. It is more akin to prosecuting a company that provides remote hacking services to override home security services, or builds machines designed to clone ATM cards.

And guess what? We do.

Anonymous Ages December 30, 2017 8:22 AM  

That is to say, I prefer courts and police to the available alternatives.

Courts have existed forever. You are conflating the two.

If you had a problem with someone, you would engage them yourself (and your right to do so was well established—all authority that police now exercise were originally the common authority of all citizens).

If you were the victim of a crime, you went to your local grand jury and made your case. They would investigate and decide whether your allegations were credible, and if so, issue an arrest warrant and bring them to trial.

Blogger Dire Badger December 30, 2017 8:26 AM  

Hell, even 'disposable' cellphones are a problem, but like VOIP services, it is not a problem that provides a ready solution. You absolutely have a right to privacy... but you do NOT have a right to conceal your identity when having a conversation with an individual.

Blogger John S December 30, 2017 8:26 AM  

Here's a link with video of the Swautistic guy being interviewed by some YouTube gaming channel dude.

Kid shows zero empathy for the family of his inadvertent victim and tries to push responsibility for the death onto everyone else involved. Sociopath?

He's a frail looking pencil neck too. Not going to shed any tears when his cell/pod mates start drawing tits on his back..

Blogger roughcoat December 30, 2017 8:33 AM  

There is NO reason for person-to-person anonymity that does not involve criminal or immoral activity.

Wrong, but please, explain to me how you think forcing people to reveal themselves in private conversations over electronic communication channels would work, given today's technology. That is bearing in mind that the government didn't even manage to put a known domestic abuser and mental case on a "can't buy guns" list despite that law being on the books.

Then maybe you can explain how someone could maintain their privacy in most fora, while being forced to reveal themselves on other channels, without major leakage, if only by user error. There would be major leakage through incompetent contractors and government agencies.

Finally, maybe you explain why such ridiculous, high risk, and ultimately futile attempts to micromanage anonymity are preferable to simply requiring that cops actually check if a threat is real before rolling up in force and shooting an innocent man, with harsh consequences for failing to do so.

Anonymous indignation December 30, 2017 8:55 AM  

"Come back when you can stop seeing what you want to in that video.

I'll come back when I want asshole. Dirtbag devils advocates like you are why these cops keep murdering innocent people. That asshole Mesa cop set him up by playing Simon Says then murdering him when the young man finally slipped up. If a cop can't handle someone who is clearly immobile and incapacitated with a goddamn partner backing him up, then that pussy shouldn't be a cop in the first place. Cops back in the day wouldn't be going all Rambo on a suspect laying prone like that or toying around with him. Fuck off you psychopath.

Anonymous JAG December 30, 2017 9:04 AM  

ZhukovG wrote:As a former cop, and with only what limited information I have, this looks like a jumpy cop that may have inadvertently discharged their weapon. There was probably no criminal intent on the part of the officer and so I doubt criminal charges will be filed. The city(or rather its taxpayers) will however be on the hook for a lot of civil damages.

The gamma gamer however should be charged with negligent homicide in regards to the actual victim and also assault with intent to do bodily harm in regards to intended victim.


The badge does grant extra rights. Take away the badge, so that John Q. Law is a regular citizen, and he's going to jail for murder in the same situation. Without a badge, the level 8 spell "I feared for my life" doesn't work. Cop lives are worth more than a mere citizen life. Cops are above mere citizens. They can freely murder us even while we beg and plead on our hands and knees.

Blogger Stilicho December 30, 2017 9:37 AM  

@ dire badger: ypu have no right to know who you are talking to. Not on the street and not over the phone/internet. Stop emanating penumbras from your nethers. The swatter is guilty of at least manslaughter and potentially murder 1. The cops are guilty of manslaughter up to murder 2 (with accomplice guilt depending on individual cops' roles). The gamer who gave out the wrong name to the swatter could potentially be found guilty of negligent homicide but more likely he will only be sued for negligence by the victim's family (he will also have insurance coverage if he is covered by a typical homeowners policy whereas the swatter would not if his actions are determined to be intentional. Which appears to be the case).

Shame on the cops for believing this bullshit report without confirmation. Further, they should be crucified for not confirming the situation at the scene before taking any action. Whoever developed their SOP should go to prison as well...talk about reckless indifference..

Blaming a privacy provider is exactly like blaming gun manufacturer...or an auto manufacturer, the online gaming company, etc. And it ain't like anonymous reports are anything new; they've been around longer than we've had cops.

Anonymous Random #57 December 30, 2017 9:58 AM  

@125 Laz:

@118 SteelPalm:

"Yes, there are genuinely heroic cops with integrity and restraint. But that's the thing. It's a case-by-case situation, and there are indeed systemic problems, some of which aren't their fault (SJW convergence, hardcore leftist mayors), and some of which absolutely are. (Militarization of the police was a mistake)"

"SOME heroic cops. As my ex-Sheriff golf buddy who was run out and blacklisted for arresting a wife-beating cop told me, the good ones are all about gone now."

Laz is right, because almost all these "heroic" cops participate in the blue wall of silence, which automatically makes them bad cops. Some call them the badge gang.

Blogger Dire Badger December 30, 2017 10:21 AM  

roughcoat wrote:There is NO reason for person-to-person anonymity that does not involve criminal or immoral activity.

Wrong, but please, explain to me how you think forcing people to reveal themselves in private conversations over electronic communication channels would work, given today's technology. That is bearing in mind that the government didn't even manage to put a known domestic abuser and mental case on a "can't buy guns" list despite that law being on the books.

Then maybe you can explain how someone could maintain their privacy in most fora, while being forced to reveal themselves on other channels, without major leakage, if only by user error. There would be major leakage through incompetent contractors and government agencies.

Finally, maybe you explain why such ridiculous, high risk, and ultimately futile attempts to micromanage anonymity are preferable to simply requiring that cops actually check if a threat is real before rolling up in force and shooting an innocent man, with harsh consequences for failing to do so.



Stilicho wrote:@ dire badger: ypu have no right to know who you are talking to. Not on the street and not over the phone/internet. Stop emanating penumbras from your nethers. The swatter is guilty of at least manslaughter and potentially murder 1. The cops are guilty of manslaughter up to murder 2 (with accomplice guilt depending on individual cops' roles). The gamer who gave out the wrong name to the swatter could potentially be found guilty of negligent homicide but more likely he will only be sued for negligence by the victim's family (he will also have insurance coverage if he is covered by a typical homeowners policy whereas the swatter would not if his actions are determined to be intentional. Which appears to be the case).

Shame on the cops for believing this bullshit report without confirmation. Further, they should be crucified for not confirming the situation at the scene before taking any action. Whoever developed their SOP should go to prison as well...talk about reckless indifference..

Blaming a privacy provider is exactly like blaming gun manufacturer...or an auto manufacturer, the online gaming company, etc. And it ain't like anonymous reports are anything new; they've been around longer than we've had cops.


I don't see a question. All I see is railroading.
Ask a question and I will answer, but 'please explain' is not a question.

I never suggested micromanaging privacy. I said criminalizing behavior that exists only for criminal reasons. VOIP is not the problem, anonymous VOIP is 'a' problem. That's also why I said "Three people are guilty", cherry picking douchebaggery.


Stilicho- Screw you. If someone approaches me wearing a balaclava with a voice disguiser to 'talk to me' I will shoot him. You have no ethical, or moral right to disguise your identity while communicating with me personally.

Simple question for both of you libertarian shitbags. What 'legal' uses can only be accomplished via 'anonymous' VOIP that cannot be accomplished with registered, traceable VOIP?

Take your time.

And the fact that you cannot tell the difference between someone who manufactures a tool that you have to take personal responsibility for, and one specifically designed to EVADE responsibility, simply shows that you have no understanding of what 'responsibility' means. Stupid Millenials.

Anonymous BBGKB December 30, 2017 10:37 AM  

Dear Moslems my friends at 30 Rockefeller Plaza NY NY like drawing pictures of Moohamad blowing pigs.

I see far too many of you blaming the cops

Mayberry style policing only works with a Mayberry style population.

There is NO reason for person-to-person anonymity that does not involve criminal or immoral activity.

Every jew that has seen my WHITE LIVES MATTER shirt would want to identify me, I wear a hat from a location I never worked at when out wearing it.

Blogger roughcoat December 30, 2017 10:39 AM  

Stilicho- Screw you. If someone approaches me wearing a balaclava with a voice disguiser to 'talk to me' I will shoot him. You have no ethical, or moral right to disguise your identity while communicating with me personally.

And you just revealed that you're a psychopath. Slow clap.

Anonymous Napoleon 12pdr December 30, 2017 10:41 AM  

This case will be interesting to watch. I would not be surprised to see the swatter charged with 1st degree murder. Knowingly, deliberately, and maliciously setting a police assault unit on someone cannot be construed as an accident, nor was the perp unaware that the consequences to the victim could be fatal.

And if the locals go for Murder charges, they can minimize their own legal exposure. Yes, they will probably be out a substantial civil settlement, but they can dodge punitive damages and criminal charges.

Blogger Eric Medvich December 30, 2017 10:44 AM  

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/la-man-arrested-over-swatting-incident-led-police-072205194--abc-news-topstories.html

Blogger roughcoat December 30, 2017 10:45 AM  

So, Dire Badger, do you believe that the state is always benevolent? Do you believe there is nothing that a moral person might do that is illegal, or at least heavily frowned upon?

You clearly don't understand a fucking thing about technology since you can't see that you're advocating for mutually exclusive conditions, but I'm curious to see how delusional you are about the benevolence of the state, and whether you're one of those dimwits who equates morality with legality.

Anonymous Mr. Rational December 30, 2017 10:50 AM  

Laz wrote:Yeah, drunk and distraught people never reach for their waistband.
Drunk and terrified people cannot think, and people who wear loose pants have a conditioned response to pull them up when they start falling down.

Demanding that Shaver stop doing what he couldn't not do when the crawling was pulling his pants down put him in an impossible situation.  The solution was to have him lie still and be cuffed.  The cops knew what they were doing.  Shaver was murdered.  Both cops are murderers.

Blogger Eric Medvich December 30, 2017 10:58 AM  

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alleged-swatting-hoax-ends-death-223700818.html


update

Anonymous Supreme Quart Justice December 30, 2017 11:08 AM  

But that's not the real problem, and it's not a sincere attempt to fix anything. Cops aren't engaged in a racist plot to kill blacks, they're just shooting too many people, period. So why is this happening?

1) Desegregation
2) Disparate impact/racial profiling lawsuits.

To expand: Anyone with even cursory familiarity with per capita crime rates and basic pattern recognition ability could reasonably conclude that the black portion of the population requires much heavier policing if they can't simply be kept away from the tax paying, rule-following portion; or things turn to shit*.

Since we live in clownworld, police instructors can't just tell the trainees "dial it back to officer friendly when you're dealing with whites and Asians, numbnuts" or they get fired.

Therefore we all get treated like potential De'Shaun with the stolen hi-point. Only there no (((media))) riot mongering when its innocent whites being gunned down by cops. I wonder why that is?

*Man, what's that smell...?



Blogger OGRE December 30, 2017 11:54 AM  

@144 Napolean

Murder One would be a huge stretch. Not impossible, but extremely difficult to pull off. Murder One usually requires specific intent. Rather than simply general intent where the defendant intended to take the action that he took, specific intent also requires intending the actual result as well. And in a Murder One case this requires proving beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant intended the actual death that ensues. In this particular case that would be extraordinarily difficult to prove as the defendant didn't know either the actual victim or the intended victim. Its more analogous to firing a rifle at a moving passenger train and someone dies as a result as opposed to firing a rifle at a particular persons head and killing them. And that makes the difference between Murder One and depraved heart murder or manslaughter.

Murder Two could stick depending on the jurisdiction and how the murder statute is worded. Some jurisdictions treat depraved heart murder as murder two and others treat it as manslaughter. Its an issue of degree that a jury would have to resolve, the level of criminal recklessness involved here--whether the swatter's actions evidence "extreme indifference to the value of human life" to sustain a depraved heart murder charge or gross criminal negligence for manslaughter. It is not at all cut and dried here and it all turns on how a jury would perceive the degree of indifference and disregard for human life and the extent to which the defendant believed his actions would forseeably result in death or harm. It can be a very fine line to draw, and its not uncommon for a judge or appellate court to reduce a jury's conviction of murder in these cases to that of manslaughter.

My guess for this case is that the swatter will end up with a manslaughter conviction. As well as a massive civil judgment for wrongful death.

Anonymous Brick Hardslab December 30, 2017 12:16 PM  

A big part of the problem, not the only part but a big part, is we do not hire good cops for the qualities that make good cops. We hire for sex, race, economic background. We skew the results to favor people who don't have the temperament or intelligence for the job.

Between me my grandfathers, my uncle and my son we have over a hundred years of law enforcement. None of us has fired a weapon at anyone outside the military. In all my years I never had a single use of force complaint.

But we're not what they're hiring for anymore. I know it's tough holding a cop accountable I quit a department once because they wouldn't deal with a problem. I won't work with an unethical guy much less a criminal.

There should be better training but that won't solve everything. You don't think every cop who's shot someone accidentally hasn't been told over and over to keep his finger off the trigger? It won't stop use of force problems after a car chase. It won't stop any ethics violations. If you're too stupid to not know you're not supposed to steal or lie or sleep with your buddy's wife no amount of training will fix it. It's not a failure of training it's a moral failure.

You can teach some things always be as courteous as the people and situation allows, get to know the people in your area, don't stand like a Nazi stormtrooper unless you've got a good reason. Know your neighborhood all that you can teach.

Being a cop is like anything else it requires a certain set of talents and some of those you can teach and some you can't.

OpenID bc64a9f8-765e-11e3-8683-000bcdcb2996 December 30, 2017 1:09 PM  

Oh my, are "we" going to have to reexamine how much "we"
are going to tolerate false accusations, and public slander/liable, in toto?
Clearly, "official" channels are out of the picture for doing so.
CaptDMO

Anonymous Gen. Kong December 30, 2017 1:14 PM  

The outcome of any case will be exactly the same as that in Mesa, AZ. Badge-gang goonda always not guilty unless dindu killed. Sometimes not guilty even if dindu dies (St. Swisher the Sweet). All arguments to contrary just more ghost dancing.

Anonymous Jack Amok December 30, 2017 1:27 PM  

A big part of the problem, not the only part but a big part, is we do not hire good cops for the qualities that make good cops. We hire for sex, race, economic background. We skew the results to favor people who don't have the temperament or intelligence for the job.

Yeah, that's the basic problem. Everybody saying "but dindus need harsher policing" are missing the highly relevant point that this wasn't a dindu who got shot.

Blogger Cluebat Vanexodar December 30, 2017 2:37 PM  

SWATting should be murder with forethought and planning. Capital.
The cop was negligent.
If someone commits murder and executes the wrong individual based on false information, is it not still 1st degree murder? The person who provided the false information aided and abetted the murder. They were obliged to report the threat.
I see three criminal lawsuits here. And several civil suits.
Not an attorney. This is just my opinion.
Cop will probably skate, since they already have a scapegoat.

Blogger Koanic December 30, 2017 2:49 PM  

If cops are going to shoot civilians regardless of what they do, then civilians should shoot cops regardless of what they do.

Blogger Stilicho December 30, 2017 2:57 PM  

@ Badger: the fact that your mommy stitches your name on all of your clothing in case you forget does not translate into a right of everyone you meet to know your name.

Anonymous Mike Rock December 30, 2017 4:50 PM  

Wowsers, looks like this guy has a history. "The person behind the account has claimed credit for a number of swatting hoaxes and other threats including one that led to the evacuation of the Dallas Convention Center earlier this month, a bomb threat at a Florida high school in November and the threat that caused the FCC to pause its net neutrality vote a couple of weeks ago.".......and: "A 25-year-old man in California has been arrested over an alleged hoax 911 call that led to police killing an unarmed man in Kansas on Thursday night, authorities said.

Tyler Barriss from South Los Angeles was arrested on a fugitive warrant Friday afternoon for allegedly making the so-called "swatting" call, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

The Wichita Police Department in Kansas is working with the Los Angeles Police Department as well as the FBI on this case. Among the lines of inquiry investigators are pursuing is whether the 911 call was connected to an online-gaming dispute, police said.

Barriss is the same man who allegedly called in a bomb threat to ABC station KABC in 2015, which led to an evacuation of the Los Angeles television station, according to the Glendale Police Department in Los Angeles County. Barriss received a two-year sentence, court records show.

"Barris served time after being charged by state authorities in Los Angeles for making threats and was released earlier this year," the FBI said in a statement, but did not directly link the sentence to the KABC bomb threat."

Looks like deep do do.......

Blogger Resident Moron™ December 30, 2017 5:23 PM  

"However, "intent" (or "mens rea" as we used to call it back in the day) is no longer a necessary element of a criminal offense ... "

... unless you're Hillary Clinton.

Blogger Akulkis December 30, 2017 7:13 PM  

This won't end until police officer and their relatives start getting SWATted.

Only then will they learn to start taking the time and make an honest effort to figure out if an anonymous tip of a "hostage situation" is genuine or not.

Blogger Akulkis December 30, 2017 7:30 PM  

@40

"I am not contending that the video shows a justifiable use of lethal force, as the officer may be found to have acted beyond the scope of KS state law, but to ignore the decedent’s movement that mimics a firing stance prior to the discharge is irresponsible and unproductive to meaningful conversations on this topic."

Are you insane?

I've been in the Army since 1989.

I spent 18 of that in an infantry battalion, where everybody, even the medics and the cooks, were trained to do EVERYTHING that the 11B infantry riflemen do.

Not once, ever, in 4 different infantry companies, and 4 other units, nor in 3 deployments, 2 to the mideast, and one for border security, was I ever once trained in a "firing stance" for either pistol, rifle, or carbine, that looks anything like a confused man, standing straight up, looking like a target for a skilled ax-thrower, hoping that the last axe doesn't hit him.

Blogger Akulkis December 30, 2017 8:06 PM  

@63

"The police thugs that murdered this man should be locked up for life and the entire police department in this city should be shutdown and handed over to the County Sharif department."

Omar would be proud.

Anonymous Laz December 30, 2017 8:27 PM  

" That guy was crawling with his legs locked behind him, drunk and emotionally distraught."

"If a cop can't handle someone who is clearly immobile and incapacitated..."

He can either be crawling or incapacitated, you can't have it both ways. Make up your mind before you show your ignorance on an open forum again.

Anonymous Laz December 30, 2017 8:32 PM  

"Blaming a privacy provider is exactly like blaming gun manufacturer...or an auto manufacturer, the online gaming company, etc."

They have gone after auto manufacturers- Ford and Goodyear. They've also gone after and banned the online gambling sites.

Anonymous Laz December 30, 2017 8:40 PM  

"Drunk and terrified people cannot think, and people who wear loose pants have a conditioned response to pull them up when they start falling down."

Being drunk is a bullshit excuse. As you will find out in any DWI murder case.

Anonymous Laz December 30, 2017 8:47 PM  

"If cops are going to shoot civilians regardless of what they do, then civilians should shoot cops regardless of what they do."

Here in Texas we have a statute that says we can use up to and including deadly force when we believe an officer is using excessive force. If your state has carry laws you probably have a similar statute.

Blogger Were-Puppy December 30, 2017 9:14 PM  

@31 ace


This also goes for anyone who calls the police to help them. The police don't know whether you are the perpetrator. They'll shoot you from the car.
---

If one of the cops is a Somali, he might shoot his partner in process of shooting the person who called the police.

Anonymous Mr. Rational December 30, 2017 10:00 PM  

Laz wrote:Being drunk is a bullshit excuse. As you will find out in any DWI murder case.
Talking about DWI when the guy was in his own hotel room, and murder when he'd done absolutely nothing, is the bullshittiest bullshit I've seen in any VD thread this week.

Anonymous Laz December 30, 2017 10:58 PM  

"Talking about DWI when the guy was in his own hotel room, and murder when he'd done absolutely nothing, is the bullshittiest bullshit I've seen in any VD thread this week."

Then you haven't been paying attention.

You and indigestion are the ones making excuses (he was drunk, he was crawling, he was incapacitated, his pants were falling down), not me.

Was he drunk. Yes. Was he reaching? Most definitely. Does that mean I wouldn't convict if I was on the jury? no

Blogger OneWingedShark December 30, 2017 10:59 PM  

haus frau wrote:The guy who gave out the false address deserves a civil suit as well, if not outright jail time. I dont know what law that would fall under but he had to know he was quite possibly directing the other guy's rage toward an innocent party.

Why? -- That's just stupid: he was under no obligation to give correct information, and he did nothing which actually caused the police incident. -- Your suggestion would be the equivalent of allowing arms companies to be sued because some criminal used weapons they made.

ace wrote:Consider this: we have reached a point where calling the police on someone has a nontrivial chance of getting them killed. The police. Might kill you, just for being there. We then say, well, the person who called the police should be held criminally liable because of course the POLICE can't be trusted not to kill people. The police (and especially SWAT) are now Schrödinger's hitmen.

This also goes for anyone who calls the police to help them. The police don't know whether you are the perpetrator. They'll shoot you from the car.

They're not going to be on our side.


Bingo. What this shows is not that they have a sense of justice or "enforcing the law" (after all, the Constitution is the highest law and prohibits such killings via the 5th amendment) but unambiguously shows that they are enforcers of base appearance of authority, that in their entire system might indeed makes right; that authority is [morally] right, always.

But then, it seems to me like the schools have been indoctrinating this sort of line of thought for decades; a sort of appeal to self-authority which boils down to this train of reasoning:

(1) People in authority would not be there if they were not good.
(2) Therefore, their position of authority is proof of their goodness.
(3) Because of this goodness, the power an authority uses is good.
(4) Therefore, to disagree with [or disobey] an authority is proof of your evilness.
Implicit: I am an authority; to contradict me is evil, no matter the situation.

Anonymous indignation December 30, 2017 11:15 PM  

"He can either be crawling or incapacitated, you can't have it both ways. Make up your mind before you show your ignorance on an open forum again.

I can express myself all I want on any forum psychopath, what are you going to do about it? Clearly you are one of the traitors that tries to pass himself off as a decent person that would have to be dealt with. Your nit picking about words is classic leftard. Though it's good people see such murderous filth as yourself and take note. You dirtbags always out yourselves in time.

Anonymous indignation December 30, 2017 11:29 PM  

"You and indignation are the ones clearly showing Lazholes psychopathy"

And you are the one projecting, another leftard trait. The cop is a pussy murderer and so are you. Any normal cop would have just cuffed him when the suspect was lying face down hands behind his head and legs locked up they do it all the time. That young white father of two was no threat to anybody but to trigger happy pussy psychopaths like you that make excuses for cold blooded murder.

Anonymous 8859 ways ro be adorable December 31, 2017 12:17 AM  

No.

The man getting shot by a nervous cop is EXACTLY what he had in mind. That makes it premeditated murder in my opinion.

Anonymous Laz December 31, 2017 2:06 AM  

@Indigestion:

totally emotional reaction- check
refusing to believe reality- check
projection- check
moving the goalposts- check
cherry picking- check
unmitigated blood lust- check

I have to say, very good use of projecting your psychopathy on me.

I already said I would find him guilty. Even with the mitigating circumstances. So what is your malfunction?

Blogger Dire Badger December 31, 2017 3:02 AM  

Stilicho wrote:@ Badger: the fact that your mommy stitches your name on all of your clothing in case you forget does not translate into a right of everyone you meet to know your name.

I asked you a direct question, Jackass. I didn't even use any weasel words.

dafuq do I need your NAME for? I just need to be able to identify you.

Blogger McChuck December 31, 2017 9:01 AM  

Not just Gamma. I finally found a picture of the guy - he's black.

Blogger Dave W. December 31, 2017 2:14 PM  

Good grief, he looks like a weasel: http://time.com/5082806/what-is-swatting-tyler-barriss-troy-livingston/

Post a Comment

Rules of the blog
Please do not comment as "Anonymous". Comments by "Anonymous" will be spammed.

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts